Page 1 of 1
Audio/Video \  Another Dumb Audio Question

Another Dumb Audio Question

Audio/Video Q & A
views 644
replies 5
following 5

CluCool   +1y
Is a Rockford P400-4 amp too much power for a set of Rockford P152s and P162s Component speakers? I plan on putting a set of each in my doors, yes that is right 2 sets of component speakers and an amp mounted in each door of my 2 door pick up. Is that going to be too much power for the speakers, and or is it going to be too much in each door?

If you are wondering why Rockford, it is because I just like them that is all. I just have been pleased with them.
ShakinPlates   +1y
so (1) 5 1/4" and (1) 6 1/2" woofer and 2 tweeters in each door? The P400.4 would be a perfect match. Go for it!

Ill get you the hook up on p152s's if you havent got them yet.... we have a few we need to get rid of. I have the p400.4 in stock too.
menace   +1y
IMO there isnt a such thing as too much power, you just gotta keep your gain down and you will get good quality sound without distortion
CluCool   +1y
Originally posted by ShakinPlates

so (1) 5 1/4" and (1) 6 1/2" woofer and 2 tweeters in each door? The P400.4 would be a perfect match. Go for it!

Ill get you the hook up on p152s's if you haven't got them yet.... we have a few we need to get rid of. I have the p400.4 in stock too.

I was actually planning on (2) % 1/4" and (2) 6 1/2" woofers and 4 tweeters per door. Well those particular component sets actually come with 4 tweeters per set, so I may put 8 tweeters in each door or I may mount some in other locations.

I know it will be a lot of speakers, once my system is completed I will have 5 amps and 29 speakers if you count it 16 tweeters 8 component woofers, and 5 sub woofers.

Thanks for the good news though glad to hear there are other Rockford fans.

Now if you can follow me on what I want in each door...My other question is should I use the P400-4 and run a channel to each speaker, or should I use a 2 channel amp and wire it like this http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/4SVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg.

I was looking at P200-2, P300-2, or P400-2 as my 2 channel amp.

Which configuration would you suggest would be better?
severedmikey   +1y
I dont know if this relates but i have a t4004 and two 6 1/2's and 2 tweets in each door and its works great. i totally agree with jeremy on the fact that its better to have too much power than not enough. i just have the gain turned down more than half way and sounds great!
ShakinPlates   +1y
Originally posted by CluCool

Originally posted by ShakinPlates

Ill get you the hook up on p152s's if you haven't got them yet.... we have a few we need to get rid of. I have the p400.4 in stock too.

I was actually planning on (2) % 1/4" and (2) 6 1/2" woofers and 4 tweeters per door. Well those particular component sets actually come with 4 tweeters per set, so I may put 8 tweeters in each door or I may mount some in other locations.

I know it will be a lot of speakers, once my system is completed I will have 5 amps and 29 speakers if you count it 16 tweeters 8 component woofers, and 5 sub woofers.

Thanks for the good news though glad to hear there are other Rockford fans.

Now if you can follow me on what I want in each door...My other question is should I use the P400-4 and run a channel to each speaker, or should I use a 2 channel amp and wire it like this http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/4SVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg.

I was looking at P200-2, P300-2, or P400-2 as my 2 channel amp.

Which configuration would you suggest would be better?

If you consider my opinion, it is that your wanting to use waaay to many speakers. Its way overkill in my opinion. Are doing it to be a hood figga? Or, just to get good sound? I think a 5.25", a 6.5", 2 tweeters in the door, and a tweeter in the A pillar or dash area is plenty enough for any one. This also allows you to stick with just one 4ch amp too. I could only imagine how heavy your doors are going to be if you do what you say you want to.

Page 1 of 1