Page 1 of 2
Audio/Video \  Flip Out Monitors.....

Flip Out Monitors.....

Audio/Video Q & A
views 564
replies 15
following 15

mazrod   +1y
What's the best Flip Out Monitor I can get for under $1,000 right now, I was looking and Panasonics, Clarions and Kenwood's flip out's for under $800. Ive seen the videos on Youtube people have of them but it dont give the quality I want to see. Which would be the best out of those 3 ? My local best buy quit carrying Kenwood flip outs due to theft. and the local shop only carries Alpine, and no one around me can get a Panasonic.....any luck with any of these 3 ?

"Be different build you own"
Severed701   +1y
ive always been a big fan on alpine...u can get really good deals on most brands..and right now if you have a windows live account u can get 30% cash back..
yourbabysdaddy   +1y
best bang for the buck has always been Pioneer in my choice. Eclipse next then I place alpine(only because of the price). clarion, panisonic and kenwood would not be in my bests catagory. clarion and kenwood have bad warantee issues which is why the shop I worked for dropped them some 7 years ago and never looked back.
ShakinPlates   +1y
Originally posted by yourbabysdaddy

best bang for the buck has always been Pioneer in my choice. Eclipse next then I place alpine(only because of the price). clarion, panisonic and kenwood would not be in my bests catagory. clarion and kenwood have bad warantee issues which is why the shop I worked for dropped them some 7 years ago and never looked back.

Our company has been with Clarion and Kenwood for around 20 years now and I have not heard of any major warranty issues thus far. Kenwood and Clarion have actually been our biggest sellers this year with very little warranties. Clarion's VRX785BT is a great piece with built in Bluetooth that you can pickup for under $1k. If you go Kenwood you might be able to find the PNAV512 package wich consist of a KVT512 and KNAG510 Navigation addon for under $1k. We have not dealt with one brand that has less warranties than others. Alpine, Pioneer, Eclipse, all have had warranties just like Kenwood and Clarion
neurotic   +1y
Just get on Crutchfield and get one they got great deals
94NissanLaysDoor   +1y
Originally posted by neurotic

I hope this is a joke...
CCtuckinlexaniz   +1y
if u can get it i would go wit the pioneer D3. its not a filp out but still very nice! and u can pic it up for less then $1g
neurotic   +1y
Originally posted by 94NissanLaysDoor

Originally posted by neurotic

I hope this is a joke...

nope i bought from them multiple times and their prices are better then anywhere local.
automatik23   +1y
honestly if your really wanting good quality then dont let price factor in at first. quality speaking alpine eclipse and pioneer have the best quality. figure out which one of those you like best then go shopping for that model comparing prices among businesses, ive been in the mobile elctronics industry for a while now and ive worked with all of those brand(alpine, eclipse, pioneer, clarion, kenwood, sony, etc...) get a price and take it to another shop that carries that unit, 99.9% of shops will match or beat that price because the industry is hurting for business right now, along with the price also consider the shop as far as whether you think they will be willing to help you if anything goes wrong with it or the installation of it...good luck bro
Minitruckcartel   +1y
KENWOOD KVT-819DVD is the best one out (opinion don't get crazy people) I've had this unit for ever and before that i had the 717, and it was the shit for years! It's the thinest framed screen i've ever seen and looks way better, opens more uniquely then any other screen out there! fools!