threads
Page 2 of 2
Performance Cars \  Fiero, name something better...

Fiero, name something better...

Performance Cars General Discussions
views 2299
replies 17
following 15

unfadeble   +1y
Originally posted by Pootus

i loooooooved my vw bug. felt like a grown up gocart... not exactly high performance high hp but it was fun to drive.

i was gonna say that lol. For 5 grand you can buy and or build a vw bug with a nice scat motor and some good suspension and then go out and make kids jaws drop
cap10rob   +1y
After searching Autotrader, I've come up with a couple of new options:

Last Gen Cadillac ElDorado/seville W/ Northstar V8

Last Gen Lincoln Mark VIII

Any opinions?
SoloSpecialties   +1y
240sx lol. fun little cars and RWD. an Eric is right,before you sell it load it up with a ebay muffler and intake,and some other autozone specials and the ricer kids will but it up for 2x what you paid for it lol
BIGBODYBUICK   +1y
Don't laugh but I say a Mazda Miata, 50/50 weight bias, RWD, aftermarket support, just check out www.monstermiata.com. A 5.o V-8 would be sick! Run aluminum heads to save weight, small shot of NOS, we have liftoff!
98lows10   +1y
My vote is also for the 240sx, one of the most fun ive had in a "cheap" car to date. 2.4L DOHC 5 speed RWD with the VLSD IRS. Mine was a beater with over 200K, but still ran like a champ. It would burn posi all day long, drift like a champ (mine had the rear steer option). You can't beat Nissan's reliability, plus they are super easy to work on.

I suggest picking up an S13 240 and do a SR20DET swap with some suspension mods. With minimal mods you can get 300hp in a sub 3,000# car, pretty damn fun if you ask me.
3day   +1y
crysler conquest or a mitsubishi starion. turbo charged rwd 4 banger. A traditional rear-drive, front-engined vehicle, the Conquest had a MacPherson strut front suspension and an independent rear suspension; the base engine in Japan was 2 liters, but Americans got a 2.6 liter single-overhead-cam engine with a turbocharger and throttle-body electronic fuel injection (using dual injectors). Horsepower originally ranged from 150 to 198, with the TSi model getting a boost from an intercooler; a five-speed manual transmission was standard, with an optional electronically controlled four speed automatic. By 1986 the only engine was the turbocharged 2.6, with hemispherical combustion chambers, a third valve in each chamber for better mixing and burning (MCA-JET), and dual engine stabilizers built into the block.
FreakwitaFro   +1y
Edited: 12/26/2008 1:15:28 PM by FreakwitaFro

I needed a cheap ass car so i found a 97 VW Golf GTI for 2700. I love my car. Its pretty quick, fun to drive, 30 mgp on the highway and good for doin ebrakes in the snow. Its got the VR6(only the 12 valve model...boo) in it so there's plenty of power for that little hatch back. They makes tons of shit for it too.
dssur   +1y
90-91 bmw 318is. its the only 4 banger you will ever love. Have to find the 90-91 though so its dohc.

or if you can find one, get a 92 2 door 318is (same engine different body) and take out almost everything in the trunk and interior.

with a conforti chip and a cone intake it will be the most fun you have ever had on 4 wheels. Its not a blazing straight liner, but the handling lets you carry speed through the corners and if you are able to keep the revs up, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo