threads
Page 1 of 2
Performance Cars \  Fiero, name something better...

Fiero, name something better...

Performance Cars General Discussions
views 2264
replies 17
following 15

cap10rob   +1y
I LOVE Fieros, I've wanted one for a while. In my opinion, they are the ultimate cheap car. High MPG, Great handling, Great power-to-weight, good looks (could be improved, though...)

Anyway, Does anyone have any other recommendation for a low-cost, inexpensive, fun to drive car? I am talking the whole package for under 5-G's with under 100k miles. My second pick would be a Turbo Mr2. I have a Yukon as a daily, but its performance is very lacking. I want something cheap that is fun to drive on the weekends.
layed521   +1y
I had a 1st gen. NA MR2 a while back that liked nothing more than handing Fieros their ass on a daily basis! lol The V6s could out accelerate me but none of em could take a corner as good as my MR2. Couple other cars you may wanna look at: 86-93 Mazda RX-7, a good turbo model can be had for around 5K. 82-93 Toyota Supra/Supra-Celica, I had an 82. That car would shit & get.
cap10rob   +1y
I have been trying to trade my 67 chevy pickup for a fiero or mr2, but no luck. I really want a 88 fiero m6, or maybe a 4-banger in good shape for a northstar swap.
Jance Customs   +1y
Several years ago I had a chance to buy a fiero for less than $2,000. It was in good shape with only a few minor problems. I really wanted it because it was cheap and it would be fun to drive. I checked into getting insurance on it and they have it listed as a sports car so it was going to cost $200 a month for liability only. I have a perfect driving record but for $200 a month it wasn't worth buying. I think I was probably 22 at the time and gas was $1.15 a gallon.
simple-pleasurez   +1y
i loooooooved my vw bug. felt like a grown up gocart... not exactly high performance high hp but it was fun to drive.
maz duh   +1y
My little brother had an 84 2m4 fiero and it was the biggest piece of crapm I've ever seen. This thing had problems that I've never seen on any other vehicle in my life. What kind of vecicle has one of the mounting bosses for the starter up and break off the block? Seriously, part of the cast iron block broke off one day while driving. The v6 ones were alot better but typically command bigger money when selling. Look for an MR2, fiero style without all the problems.
waynehammer   +1y
240sx.. all the way..
cap10rob   +1y
good point jance, I never thought about it considered a sports car. I have no idea what my insurance rate would be. I wonder if a 2m4 would have high rates. I could always insurure it then do a northstar swap
acromexicant   +1y
i had a 240sx for a daily, it was a fun rwd car, easy to mod the motor, weld the rear end, for good drifting and burnouts, easy to turbo, cheap! all around fun car, and once you're done , the ricers will buy it up!
isdeleon   +1y
1987 PORSCHE 944, i had one and it was pretty fast and fun, but unfortunately got rid of it, i also like the 928 but that is a little bit more pricey... and getting parts is another story...