Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  2.3 to 2.6 conversion

2.3 to 2.6 conversion

Isuzu Make Specific
views 1566
replies 8
following 8

ExplicitDesignz   +1y
A friend of mine just scored a 2.6 efi with tranny out of a Rodeo. He has the '90 pup with the 2.3. Just wondering if this will be a straight forward job, or if any modifications will be needed. I`m kinda thinking the driveshaft will need to be shortened. Any help will be appreciated!
NR RailnPup   +1y
besides the computer stuff it should bolt in w/ no mods, just switch the tank also since it has a electric fuel pump, tranys r the same just ones hydrolic and the other is cable clutch
unhallowed1   +1y
what all would you have to do to the computer? (i'm a noob, i know nothing about swapping engines)
NR RailnPup   +1y
take the computer and harness from the donner truck and put it in yours
MDcrew208   +1y
you can keep the tranny of your 2.3 if you want to, that's what I did because I wanted to keep the cable clutch.
sponge splawn   +1y
Be careful if you are swapping out the computers. Lots of little things that you would never think of, are different. My swap was a little different because I turned a 2.6 5 spd into a 2.6 automatic.... everything with the tranny works perfectly, but I still have sensors that arent matching up. Been trying to get the bugs out for over a year. Good luck. Later, Sponge.
low_isuzu   +1y

the trans info about one being hydro and one being cable may or may not be true. my 89 isuzu w/ a 2.6efi has a hydro tranny and my 95 isuzu w/ a 2.6 efi has a cable clutch. so that might be one less step for you.
bigginw   +1y

I have a 92 pickup with a carbed 2.3 with a blown engine. I have found a 89 trooper with efi 2.6 for cheap.  And was wondering if it was possiable use my 2.3 carb intake and trans. Will that work?
97juicedGMC   +1y

yea i would like more info on this swap to im actually looking to go from a 2.6efi to a 2.3L carbed, i havent had the time yet but i was gointo try to find a 2.3 intake manifold from a junk yard and see if it fits up to 2.6. if not id be willing to trade my running 2.6 and computer for a running 2.3 and harness
Page 1 of 1