Page 1 of 2
Dodge Trucks \  04 dodge ram

04 dodge ram

Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 1368
replies 12
following 8

SoloSpecialties   +1y
hey guys im lookin for a some pics of a front setup on a 04ish ram 1500. and also is there any tricks to ayin one of these beasts out? just bought one and thinkin bout layin it out,just i havent done a dodge before. any help is appreciated. thanks
SoloSpecialties   +1y
no body?
bigjon   +1y
to get them to lay true rail you need to z the front 1.5-2 inches, raise the upper control arm mounts, flip the lower ball joints talk to the guys at Barely Legal Fab the make some pretty trick ball joints flip things or there is also Ekstensive arms, tub the fire wall and move the battery Pretty easy if you do a little research. Check out my profile for some more pics and Jerry on here is also super knowledgeable about the newer rams!

http://streetsource.com/IM/ViewUser.aspx?id=thacru78
bigjon   +1y
Oh and 3x3 works amazing for a notch!
SoloSpecialties   +1y
Edited: 10/6/2008 6:21:56 PM by SoloSpecialties

thanks man,that helps so much. how much do you have to raise the uppers? and would lower arms and spindles not solve that problem?

hows puyallup nowaday? i was born there and havent lived there in about 14 yrs lol
SoloSpecialties   +1y
bump. anyone else?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
check my profile for my 03, its pretty much the same, and i got alot of pics of the front.

Taylor
SoloSpecialties   +1y
thanks the pics help out alot. do yall make brackets to raise the uppers? and it lay out on fatory arms? what all does it take to lay the front?
jeebus @ mmw   +1y
on the front of mine, i did this.

Raised the uppers 3" or so.
Cut the entire spring pocket out up front and make it a flar bare frame.
Made bag brackets that resemble "torsion" style bag mounts, with a plate and a pair of gussets.
I modified my lower arms to accept a Chevy balljoint, because its more common that dodge ones. I also reverse reamed my stock spindles to mount the balljoint from the bottom, like chevy trucks, that gained me about 2" in drop righ thare.

The rest is pretty self explainatory, I can make you all the parts you need to bag it the way i did mine, with the chevy balljoints and all and reaming the stock spindles.

Taylor
thacru78   +1y
Edited: 10/6/2008 8:21:01 PM by thacru78

You didn't use drop spindles either right Taylor....when I bagged mine I raised the uppers 5 inches and pushed them in a little. I used the Ekstensive control arms, which use the flipped chevy balljoint like Taylor's. I cut out all the spring pocket and welded in bag brackets. There's a couple useful build up thread on www.dodgetalk.com...my build up, taylor's build up, and adam's build up. Mine was setup to lay a 33 inch tire and cleared the wheel by 4 inches....If your going with 24's I would suggest running the Ekstensive arms. They give you more fender clearance than stock arms cause they are a hair shorter. I know Taylor can make you the upper mounts but I can get them also...Mindliss Metal Fab cuts the ones I use. Any specific questions you have shoot away as I have a little bit of experience with them. Also, I didn't Z mine...I rebuilt the front crossmembers which allowed me to get more fender clearance and to correct some bumpsteer but it was alot harder than a Z. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone unless you have a lift.