Page 1 of 1
Audio/Video \  amp cutting out

amp cutting out

Audio/Video Q & A
views 254
replies 7
following 7

98underconstruction   +1y
hows it goin, i have a 600 watt 1 channel arc audio foose amp hooked up to 2 10" solobarics in my 01 silverado. i also have a pioneer dvd head unit, when i have the volume down or around medium (anywhere but loud) the amp will shut off for a few seconds and kick back on, but when it is up loud it doesn't do it. it has blown my wiring fuse once and i replaced it, but it still cuts out. anyone know what could be causing this? thanks for any info
zadaddy   +1y
does it do this all the time or only AFTER youve been playing loud? are your subs DVC?
98underconstruction   +1y
they do it whenever, what is dvc?
jsondrops   +1y
dual voice coil
FreelandKustomz   +1y
Check your ground. Sounds like it could be loose or dirty
tcsxtremeison22s   +1y
check ground... and make sure youre using at least 4guage wiring...
bcrunk   +1y
i used to have a similar problem. mine was a crazy humming sound that got worse as i accelerated. once i took it all apart i found out the idiot that wired the head unit had grounded it to the LIGHTER. thats right... the freakin CIGARETTE LIGHTER. what a tard! but its all worked out now.
lowoh4   +1y
from what you are describing, you have an issue with the rca prevolt output. we had an issue simalar to this in my truck. anything less than 3/4 volume would have no sub. check to make sure your rca termanals are conected completely and not touching anything else both on the deck and at the amp. also, the foose amps love a powerfull signal, so make sure you are using a high quality rca cable. most people just throw on whatever (not saying thats what you did) but the quality does make a big difference especialy with the subs and amp you are using. good luck man.
Page 1 of 1