Page 3 of 3
Tools \  BEST PLASMA

BEST PLASMA

Tools Q & A
views 1223
replies 26
following 23

unusualfabrication   +1y

Ya, I need a reasonably priced machine that can cut .1875" and .250" with ease.

eyepoppin customs   +1y
i have the miller spectrum 375 xtream and i love it cuts 1/8 like butter and 1/4 with ease, 3/8 with no problems, 1/2 i have to slow down but still not a bad cut, and believe it or not it will sever 3/4 but you need to go realy slow. and chris im like you i wanted it to match my welder and it matches my millermatic 210 very nicely.

post photo
xmdragonass   +1y

i have a thermal dynamics 39 cutmaster, and it is the shit! honestly... whenever do u cut over a 1/2" thick steel???? hmmm, pretty much never, that is some thick shit... my 39  slickes thru a 1/8" or 1/4" framerail like butter.... what more could u want out of it for under a $1000????? nuff said! bitz's!

dragginbody   +1y
i have the hypertherm also.  awesome machine.  i have used the thermal dynamics and lincoln and i like the hypertherm much better.   biggest plus side to the new hypertherm plasmas is the long life consumables.    i use mine alot and i hardly ever burn up the consumables.

blownsvt   +1y

at the rod shop weve got lincoln pro cut 25, i dont really like the it. I dont know how old it is, i know its been there for a while and probaly has been abused in its lifetime. It will cut sheet metal good but thats about it, trying to cut 1/4" stuff sucks like no other. I have also used a ESAB... i dont know the model but i loved that freaking thing

eyepoppin customs   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by STdragonass i have a thermal dynamics 39 cutmaster, and it is the shit! honestly... whenever do u cut over a 1/2" thick steel???? hmmm, pretty much never, that is some thick shit... my 39  slickes thru a 1/8" or 1/4" framerail like butter.... what more could u want out of it for under a $1000????? nuff said! bitz's! --------------------------------------------- you never know when you might need to cut 1/2 or even 3/8 when you are doing fab work you need to be able to cut abnormal sizes of steel and i for one want a unit that i can do that with and not have to pull out the tourches to cut it but thats just me. now adays you do the jobs that make the money so you can stay in buisness. my spectrum 375 xtream only cost me 1200. so 200 more for the ability to cut at least 2x the thickness sounds damn good to me but thats my opinion...

unusualfabrication   +1y
Sounds like I'll be looking into the thermal dynamics too. I've been eyeing the miller 375 for some time now. I've used one and for the price and thickness it can cut it seems like a no brainer. I was entertaining the Lincoln because I like everything to match.