Page 2 of 3
Tools \  BEST PLASMA

BEST PLASMA

Tools Q & A
views 1224
replies 26
following 23

tre5   +1y

I hate hypertherm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a power supply go out on a 3 month old cutter, and they wouldn't warranty the thing. I went to several stores to try and work it out. I even called them directly. They wouldn't do anything. I eventually sold the thing as is for $400. So I losta whole bunch of money and went and bought a thermal dynamics. I love it, and it has worked perfectly for me for years.

BankruptRam   +1y

I have a Hypertherm Powermax. Once I used one I never thought about any other brand. I love mine. Its nice and compact but packs a punch and very affordable.

86mazda   +1y
i use a thermo dynamics cutmaster 82 in my shop everyday and love it.  Have cut up to 3/4 clean with ease.
spraybomb   +1y
Edited: 1/23/2009 8:48:07 AM by spraybomb

I've used the Lincoln procut 25 and 55 both with great sucess. My shop currently runs a Hypertherm 1250 and It works really well. In fact, I just called the Hypertherm tech department cause I had a problem with it. There was no automated "push this number" crap. Went right to a live person, had the problem sorted out as soon as I hung up the phone.
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
Edited: 1/23/2009 8:53:34 AM by h2o melon

I have a Miller Spectrum 375 xtreme.I love it.Never any issues with it plus it can be used with 110 or 220. It will cut up to 1/2 plate. Heres a link to more info on ithttp://www.millerwelds.com/products/plasma/spectrum_375_x-treme/
spraybomb   +1y

Forgot to add: In welding school, we used an Esab maching that cut really nice for a while, then broke. Esab replaced it with a machine that looked kinda like a giant twinkie. Unfortunately, the giant food cake-plasma cutter never really worked as well as the other. But overall, Esab does make some pretty nice stuff.

slammedxonair   +1y

I have a hypertherm 1250 with the hand and machine torch for my cnc I wouldnt ever buy another brand after using this one. Its the shit.

unusualfabrication   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by spraybombEdited: 1/23/2009 8:48:07 AM by spraybombI've used the Lincoln procut 25 and 55 both with great sucess. My shop currently runs a Hypertherm 1250 and It works really well. In fact, I just called the Hypertherm tech department cause I had a problem with it. There was no automated "push this number" crap. Went right to a live person, had the problem sorted out as soon as I hung up the phone. ---------------------------------------------

How thick did you cut with the Lincoln pro-cut 25? I'd like to keep all my machines "red" but if it didn't work that well I have no problems buyings a different machine.
framedranger   +1y

The shop I work for uses a Miller Spectrum 2050 and it works great. No complains with that model

spraybomb   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by UnusualFabrication How thick did you cut with the Lincoln pro-cut 25? I'd like to keep all my machines "red" but if it didn't work that well I have no problems buyings a different machine. --------------------------------------------- I was cutting some 1/8" steel . Made a nice cut to. I would probably bet it could sever up to 1/4".