Page 1 of 2
Isuzu \  Yota 5 lug conversion

Yota 5 lug conversion

Isuzu Make Specific
views 856
replies 16
following 9

Balzout Sparkin   +1y
I've been debating swapping my 91 over to 5 lug and just started baggin' it. I know I'm gonna need the whole rear end and am looking for one before I do anything to the rear. Is there a specific year I need to be looking for?? I'm gonna start makin' some calls and need to know as much info as possible to ease the process. What's the best way to convert the front?? Any and all info is appreciated. If anyone has some or knows where to get parts, PM me. Thanks in Advance.
compressd   +1y
On mine in the front everything between the upper and lower control arms is off a 93 Toyota. We welded up the original holes for the ball joints and redrilled it for Toyota joints. For the tie rod ends we drilled out the spindle and center link (or whatever its called) and used regular bolts with heim joints. For the rear all we did was slide out the axles and had them redrilled. Mine has been done like that for a number of years with no problems.
satchnc   +1y
all you need is the hub assembly from a mid 80's toyota the bearings are the same on both trucks, so just pull off the spindle nut and swap the hubs. The rear end off the same model truck is the one to use, its nice and narrow, 56" i think. The factory Isuzu rear is like 62" If you need to go narrower the early 80's are even shorter.
Balzout Sparkin   +1y
Originally posted by SATCHNC

all you need is the hub assembly from a mid 80's toyota the bearings are the same on both trucks, so just pull off the spindle nut and swap the hubs. The rear end off the same model truck is the one to use, its nice and narrow, 56" i think. The factory Isuzu rear is like 62" If you need to go narrower the early 80's are even shorter.

Cool shit, sounds easy enough. I think 6"s narrower would be plenty good! Thanks man.
92zuzuman   +1y
Dude if you find a place to get those yota hubs please share. Been looking everywhere i think i might have to go to the dealer.
granth   +1y
i just so happen to have stock 85 yota spindles.
jsondrops   +1y
i just looked em up they are way high! $150.00 EACH
bdydrppup   +1y
well i got a buddy sellin a toyo rear for prob round 150 bux
Balzout Sparkin   +1y
Edited: 8/6/2008 5:55:11 AM by Balzout Sparkin

Originally posted by bdydrppup

well i got a buddy sellin a toyo rear for prob round 150 bux

What are the odds of he or someone he knows comin' to truck bash? Russell (fatboyS10) has one as well.

Do they all have the smooth all steel housing or is that year specific?I'd rather have that, that one with a cast pumpkin if i can get one.

Originally posted by 72bumpside

i just so happen to have stock 85 yota spindles.

Grant, is this the whole assembly (hubs included) or just the spindle? Not sure how those come, so that may be a dumb question. If it's everything do you wanna sell 'em? And if so how many Rocky Roads will that set me back? LOL sorry bro, Jayson told me you worked at B.R.

Thanks guys for the help!