Page 2 of 4
Tools \  110 Welders - what to buy?

110 Welders - what to buy?

Tools Q & A
views 1949
replies 32
following 25

S10TooDamnLow   +1y
No no man not at all man! I was just saying I understand if he can't do the whole 220 welder...some people just can't. I do a lot of side work so being able to take the welder and use it anywhere is also a plus. I agree a 220 is definitely nicer but he can get the job done with a 110.
bigjon   +1y
I got a miller 135 and a 210 the both do an great job but if you want to do serious fab you will need a 220 welder, I love my 210!
nissandoordragger   +1y
i built my truck with a 110 and it worked awesome i did not use hardly any 1/4 inch stuff so it was fine and the 1/4 i did yse i beviled the edges real good and welded it up i would rather have a 220 but i dont plus my freinds 220 is very finicky when welding sheet metal he has it turned all the way down and still blows holes oh and mines a hobart by the way
onelow96cs   +1y
No war here. Just wanted to toss up a couple pictures to show what the home depot Lincoln can do. Its a good priced machine for its capability's.
retrodrag   +1y
When I bought my welder 4 yrs ago I also didnt have the means to go out and buy a 220 so I picked up a Miller 135. It works great and is very reliable! Im now builing my second truck w/ it, I've had a few questions as to wheather or not it could safely weld a few things i.e. (thicker material) however if I ever have a question I just call the local welding shop to get their opinion as well as a few freinds I know who are certified welders.
lobdyblazr   +1y
I have a 220 miller and the 110 lincoln from home depot..I got the NASCAR setup..whatever...anyway, I use the little lincoln alot more then my 220... everyone who come in my shop loves welding with the little guy. Pretty much unless its alot of 1/4" or bigger...I love it!
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
We have a Miller 135 and a Lincoln 180. The 135 WILL get the job done, but once you've used the 175 or 180 you will never want to go back to a 110 machine for framework. Its probably doubles or triples the fab time and probably cuts the life of the machine that much too since you will be constantly running it maxed and pushing the duty cycle. The 175s and 180s are very versatile machines and well worth the extra cost. We had a 175 at the shop and beat the absolute piss out of it on chassis and bodywork for the last 4 years and it finally started getting sketchy last week so my buddy replaced it with a 180 since he still needs something he can dial in for bodywork. The 135 is awesome to have for portability to do a quick job here and there for a buddy with no 220 hookup or whatever but other than that its well worth a couple hundred more in wiring and machine cost to pick up a small 220 machine. As soon as I can I'll be getting a Miller 252. Nicest machine I've ever used by far.

pearldrop   +1y

I have the Lincoln 3200HD and I love it. But when it comes down to any critical points like link tabs I take it to a friend who has a big 220 welder. I trust the 3200HD for shock mounts, the notch and the frame horns, but when my life is held in place by a two-inch weld, I would rather go the extra mile and make sure it is safe.

yourbabysdaddy   +1y
I really was not trying to hate on my last post on pg 1, I have the 3200hd because I didnt have the money to buy anything bigger, Hell I even had to buy mine used, because I am a broke ass minitrucker!!! I know it gets the job done, I was just saying I would have save up and get something that will be able to do everything, and be more adjustable to fine tune wire speeds and heat. I have done 4link tabs, notches and built some motor and trans mounts. it can do it, but I wish I had my dads lincon idealarc sp250 mig
laydsuzu   +1y
did mine with a 110 Lincoln. Never had any problems....its good for the price, and for those who dont use it EVERYDAY....building a truck its fine....just make sure you have clean metal