threads
Page 1 of 1
General Discussion \  will 88-98 1 ton 2wd a arms fit on 88-98 1/2 ton 2wd frame?

will 88-98 1 ton 2wd a arms fit on 88-98 1/2 ton 2wd frame?

General Discussion
views 5289
replies 10
following 5

yrusoslow   +1y
trying to convert 90 2wd 1/2 ton to 1 ton 2wd
someotherguy   +1y
Lowers are the same, no reason to swap, uppers will bolt right in. You'll find other differences along the way like how the rear spring brackets don't have the gussets the 1 ton does and the frame is ever-so-slightly shorter, so if you use for example a premade frame notch, it'll fit funny.

Richard
yrusoslow   +1y
will pre 88' square body front suspension parts interchange with 88-98?
someotherguy   +1y
Nope
comegetsome   +1y
1 ton stuff will swap right over as Richard said....this truck was a 1/2 ton...he went to the pull-it yard and unbolted the control arms from frame of 1 ton and bolted it straight to his truck....never even broke the ball joints loose
thread post photo
yrusoslow   +1y
thanks
are those 22's?
comegetsome   +1y
Yea they are the 22s off my dually....we bolted them on there so he could have motivation to save money for some of his own lol
someotherguy   +1y
This was a half ton, too...my buddy's old truck:

Before
thread post photo

After
thread post photo

Stock 1 ton uppers, as I said before lowers are same 1500-2500-3500, 1 ton drop spindles, 1 ton calipers & rotors, and 1 ton rear end including 1 ton leaf pack with several leafs removed, and flipped.

Richard
yrusoslow   +1y
are there a difference in width in an 88-98 and an 87 -earlier true dually rear axle ?
Justjoshnya   +1y
Someotherguy is there any way I could pick your brain a bit about that converstion I have some questions about the front.
Page 1 of 1