threads
Page 2 of 2
American Cars \  tips on cutting the roof off a ....

tips on cutting the roof off a ....

American Cars General Discussions
views 7366
replies 18
following 13

rockstar-c10   +1y
Choping it off didnt take long at all, its getting it capped off and looking like it was made that way thats taking some time.I also plan on reinforcing the frame so it doesnt flex so much.Also dont try to cut it the first time at an even body line. Its better to not cut enough and trim it then to cut too much.
post photo
tcsxtremeison22s   +1y
i chopped the roof on my s10 a few months back...

1st id definately brace it up.. if not the doors wont close up right,and the body will flex like crazy...

2, always measure 8 times before you cut... if you guys arent going to cap everything off, then it doesnt matter a whole lot, but it's always much easier to keep cutting it lower n lower than to cut too low the first time... thats pretty obvious though...

and like he said, cutting it is the easy part, its cleaning it up afterwards that takes some metal working n patience... i hacked mine off about almost a year ago n just now am finishing up the doors, roof, and everything else... good luck!!

and chris, you got pics of your dime? id love to see it!!
sittin_so_low   +1y
thanks^^^ yea, i seen your s10 progress pics on here, i really like it too, any more progress pics? yea, he said hes gonna get rid of it after summer, so whatever he wants to do,( cut here, cut there) im with it.... later
coleskezzie   +1y
don't forget to get some beer!!lol!!
groundedwatts   +1y
Edited: 6/24/2008 9:02:16 PM by GroundedWaTTs

We did this for shits! hehe...enjoy I just uploaded it on YouTube so it will take a minute to get processed!

disfiguredS10   +1y
Originally posted by madmax95

im thinking about cutting the rear pillers, then the side ones, then around the windshield and that should be the roof,( im sorry, i just need a game plan lol) then go around and clean up the cuts abit. cant wait, should be cool crusing the 4door no top for awhile... he could even get a libit of cash for the roof at a scrapyard?

Save the roof, you'll be glad you did the next time it snows.
tcsxtremeison22s   +1y
ive got about all the bodywork done, a new hood, and some other goodies... ill post up pics to my thread today or tomorrow...
ilooklikemoney   +1y
I HAVE 96 CAMARO HARD TOP/// I WOULD LIKE TO CUT OFF TOP///STRAIGHT ACROSS WHERE T-TOP IS AT ON OTHER MODELS///I WANT TO CUT IT OFF BUT I STILL WANT TO LEAVE PORTION OF THE TOP STILL ON! QUESTION////(WILL I STILL HAE TO RUN BRACES/REINFORCE THE FRAME?.. OR WILL CAR OPERATE FINE?..I ALSO HAVE PICTURES///