Page 1 of 1
Isuzu \  86 zoo pup ?'s.......

86 zoo pup ?'s.......

Isuzu Make Specific
views 322
replies 7
following 7

nryota   +1y
what front suspension can be used besides the stock, without major fab work?? or anybody know of some spindles of any other tricks that can be done?? thanks in advance....

infamous_dough_boi   +1y
depends on what you are trying to get the truck to do. do you wanna lay on big wheels or what are you trying to accomplish?
stlowburban   +1y
I'd like to know as well.  Got a friend that has a 84 begged on stocks with decent tire and has issues with the steering arms causing the toe to go to crap when its down.  Could put a spacer between the spindle and steering arm but if he can upgrade with out going broke he may just do that. Will later spindles go on the stock ball joints?  Can he change balljoints to go with a different model spindle?  Do they make drop spindles for a 84?  You know, what are the different options available?
sundown   +1y
Edited: 4/24/2009 9:46:01 PM by SunDown

no drop spindles for 81-87 body style trucks. Some people use the newer balljoints off the 88+ trucks and get the drop spindles. I know the ball joints mount differently on the control arms from the earlier model truck, but I havent seen the difference myself. I plan to this summer though. A lot of people are changing out the spindles for toyota drop spindles, loaded hubs and tie rods. this also gets you the 5 lug pattern but you will have to address the rear axle stud pattern then too. very few have had LCAs made. I know BYC made a couple sets and evidently the 88+ set is about the same as the earlier model so if can find a set of 88+ LCAs, the only thing you will need to add is two tabs to mount and hold a rear brace thats designed into the control arm. I dont know what kind of problems you all are having. My truck is a 84 and it lays pretty hard in the front but wont lay front frame due to the limitations of travel..see above for how I will take care of this. I am on a set of 17" Isuzu Axioms with 195 45 17 tires though, so I am not really running a large wheel diameter either  edit: I also wanted to add that notching the front frame rail under the LCA will allow for additional suspension travel. Some have gone the other route and notched the LCA itself.   
bdydrppup   +1y

the 88 up trucks control arms wont work. the are 2" longer
mazdamini87   +1y

The truck cody is talking about is mine its an 84 it has the byc uppers and lowers with stock balljoints i beleive im not to sure. The problem i am having is the wheels toe in when i lay out because the tie rods are about 2 inches to short so when the control arms go up they pull in. ill get pics up as soon as i can. Whats the easiest way to fix this without losing my stock wheels
jestermetalwerx   +1y

i have some control arms for a 81 to 87 zu with new ball joints new for 500 upper and lower
sundown   +1y

BYC told me that he supplied the same LCA's to customers asking for 81-87 pups and 88-? pups. The only diff was  tabs needed to be welded on the frame for the rear arm on the lca and he supplied those witht he 81-87 kit, but the arms otherwise were the same. This sounds about right with the info that Johnathon and Jeremy are providing. I wonder how difficult it would be to lengthen the tie rods?
Page 1 of 1