Tools \  Finally took the plunge...

Finally took the plunge...

Tools Q & A
views 623
replies 24
following 16

TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by Crazygenius13

You got any customer rides that you can use this on in the near future?

Yeah. I still have the Nissan here, and I need to build motor mounts and an intake for it. That should be some practice. After that I'm back halving a full size, so I will throw it in wherever it works.

And I need to finish my friends mini chop, and start on mine. His frame is done, but I can at least TIG the handle bars.
Snakesunlimited   +1y
I believe the 225 comes with a 7 cup and 3/32 collete and collete body.
Dejavu   +1y
man i love tig welding..... i only got to do a little bit of it because my semester ended faster than i hoped but man its so awesome. i love welding but tig welding is just incredible. its relaxing to me. i play drums so the rythm is easy for me to get into ... i like to go real slow though and just watch myself put the puddle where i want it... oh man i am envious of your purchase. id like to get one soon as well but i dont have a need for it like you will. ive been trying to get a guy around here to let me have one he picked up for free..... he says it doesnt work.. i went and checked it out, its just set up for aluminum and hes trying to weld steel... i kinda feel like a dick though just getting over on him when i know its not broke.. maybe ill just tell him and offer him some money, he clearly isnt going to know what to do with it anyway.
crazygenius13   +1y
Offer him $300 for it, that's a lot of money for something you think is broken that you got for free
crazygenius13   +1y
Offer him $300 for it, that's a lot of money for something you think is broken that you got for free
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by Dejavu

man i love tig welding..... i only got to do a little bit of it because my semester ended faster than i hoped but man its so awesome. i love welding but tig welding is just incredible. its relaxing to me. i play drums so the rythm is easy for me to get into ... i like to go real slow though and just watch myself put the puddle where i want it... oh man i am envious of your purchase. id like to get one soon as well but i dont have a need for it like you will. ive been trying to get a guy around here to let me have one he picked up for free..... he says it doesnt work.. i went and checked it out, its just set up for aluminum and hes trying to weld steel... i kinda feel like a dick though just getting over on him when i know its not broke.. maybe ill just tell him and offer him some money, he clearly isnt going to know what to do with it anyway.

Yeah the rhythm is what worries me. I've done a bit before, but I have heard people compare it to playing the drums in the past. My brother plays the drums, and I have dabbled with them, and I suck. I can play anything with strings, but something about working my feet and hands at the same time doesn't work for me. Lol. Maybe I will get good at it and be able to pick up the drums.
chevyman992002   +1y
Congrats on the new welder man. We have all Lincoln welders at school and they all work great. Can't wait until I have a TIG of my own. Much more fun than MIG welding IMO.
minitrucker04   +1y
i jacked to boxes of 1/8 tungsten. it pays to work at a fag shop lol
TwistedMinis   +1y
I picked up a 10 pack of tungsten and 10# of wire Friday. The welder will be here tomorrow, they say between 9AM and 6PM.
92yota   +1y
Edited: 2/12/2008 2:17:13 AM by 92yota

Originally posted by minitrucker04

i jacked to boxes of 1/8 tungsten. it pays to work at a fag shop lol

so what exactly goes on at a "fag shop"?

haha, sorry man...someone had to do it. but back on subject, i really enjoyed TIG welding in school and it wasn't as hard as i thought it was gonna be.