Page 1 of 3
Tools \  Finally took the plunge...

Finally took the plunge...

Tools Q & A
views 620
replies 24
following 16

TwistedMinis   +1y
So I finally bought myself a TIG welder. I don't know how long I have wanted one now, but I finally got one! Its scheduled to get here on Friday. So I went and bought a new Argon bottle, some fancy TIG gloves, and 10# of ER70S2 in 3/32" and 1/16" sizes. They didn't have ER70S6 wire, so I will just get used to this stuff. I just need to pick up a bunch of tungsten, just couldn't remember what size collet the welder came with, so I will go back tomorrow. Now all thats left is to get good at it.

Oh yeah, I bought a Lincoln.

I've had enough of what Miller considers "Customer Service". I know Lincoln doesn't have the best reputation there either, but after comparing the two for the last few months it seemed like a better buy for me. And there is an authorized service center near by.
Dejavu   +1y
have you done any tig welding before?
N sane   +1y
did you read my ? about the 720 brake booster you have any pics under the hood starting to bag mine like to see how yours is set up thanks
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by Dejavu

have you done any tig welding before?

A little bit, but not enough to be consistent. Hopefully I will be able to get some helmet time this weekend. Just need to put in a new 100 amp breaker for it and build a new extension cord. I should be in business by Sunday.

Originally posted by N sane

did you read my ? about the 720 brake booster you have any pics under the hood starting to bag mine like to see how yours is set up thanks

I replied in the other thread.
phatedscustoms   +1y
i've got a lincoln tig and i love it. welds great and very reliable in my opinion
treylos   +1y
I got me a Lincoln 350 MP and i love it!!!!
TwistedMinis   +1y
I got the Precision TIG 225 with the cart. I didn't want to build a cart right away like with my Miller and my plasma. I'm over it.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I had a precision tig 275 at my last shop with every option and add-on they offered and I loved it. I was thinking about getting the 225 for myself as well. My wifes uncle has one and he loves it. His only gripe is that the air cooled torch gets warm fairly quick when welding aluminum.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I don't do much aluminum. But I plan on getting a gas lens and water cooler as soon as I can.
crazygenius13   +1y
Congrats man, that is such a big deal. I'm sure you will be shaming fools real quick with that thing. I used to be really good at O/A when I was in school, and always wanted to try my hand it TIG, but the damn teachers never let our class break it out and mess with it. Oh well.

You got any customer rides that you can use this on in the near future?