threads
Page 2 of 2
Performance Cars \  Drifting: What is needed?

Drifting: What is needed?

Performance Cars General Discussions
views 2743
replies 16
following 17

Wicked Fantacies   +1y
Just remember 1 thing... "Your not in control unless your out of control!"
smctoy   +1y
Here is something else to think about too. Whatever car you get just make sure its nothing too nice. Youll find out that as you practice & go to drifting events for amateurs
that youll hit alot of shit lol! I say get some cheap pos, get good at it then invest in
something nice! Best of luck to you!
Ih8bmps   +1y
Edited: 10/24/2007 2:41:09 PM by ih8bumps

84-87 Toyota corolla sr5, its top dog. You can even toss in a twin turbo supra motor and kill the competition... Small, light, and rear wheel drive...
TravisDTD   +1y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDl8mSIpPr4

Here's a video we just posted
cb7freak   +1y
Tires! Tires! Tires!Beyond that, it's a good idea to start with something lightweight and nimble. the heavier the car, the more weight you will be throwing around. It may seem strange, but an LSD (Limited Slip Differential to those unfamiliar) is vital, and failing that, a welded diff or spool is a distant second. Believe it or not, the car doesn't necessarily need to be turbocharged, in fact, boost surge and the extreme variations in the powerband can actually make the process more difficult. An E-brake is helpful, but if the car has enough power, isn't essential. You should also be mindful of the car's rear track in relation to the front...the rear should be narrower while having similar outside sidewall distances, i.e. same overall width but wider tires in the rear. Wider tires ARE more expensive than their narrower counterparts, but a sticky tire is a plus (go figure). I hope this information is helpful, I'm by no means an expert, but I have done some drifting at local track days. And, for everyone's safety, do it in a secluded area. This will ensure bystanders won't be caught unawares by your intravehicular activities, but it will also decrease the chances of your getting a ticket for reckless driving. So, be safe while having fun.
baggedmitsu   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by ///RELAXED 720Thats a 720 from Japan skyline motor, skyline suspension front & rear..his sn on here is GARAGE MINIZ..if u read japanese he's his page from his club site ........ http://thenewtype.web.infoseek.co.jp/modificationssakuta726.htm ...... hope that helps ya..... ---------------------------------------------I rode in this thing by ACCIDENT!!!! they asked me to take some pictures with the owner for some magazine in Japan. Which was cool. They were all talking Japanese then the photographer asked me to sit inside. Next thing I know the owner is starting the truck and revving, which was still ok. But then they closed the door and the dude takes off lol. I didnt even have my seat belt on, not to mention I didnt fit for shit in those racing seats. It was crazy, I wanted to jump out!