Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  Tubing Notcher

Tubing Notcher

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 2644
replies 13
following 12

junior   +1y
What kind of tubing notcher would you recommend ?
BuiltByBrooks   +1y
I would recommend the TN1000 High Capacity Hole Saw Tubing Notcher

Its worth every penny...
rizz0   +1y
lathe?????????
BuiltByBrooks   +1y
no its one that uses a drill
BioMax   +1y
Originally posted by thedurtyone

What kind of tubing notcher would you recommend ?

It really depends on how much you plan on needing it. If you just need to notch a few things for a project and then throw it away, Harbor Frieght is fine, but if you want a permanent tool to add to your arsenal, then you are going to decide what specifically you need it to do. I absolutely love the beltsander notchers, but they are limited, just as all of the rest of the specialty type notchers.

Let me tell you guys a secret... 90% of the time, I notch tubing on the chop saw As a matter of fact, the entire Chevell on my profile was done on the chopsaw and the beltsander. And it was completely TIG welded. We are used to it so it goes quickly for us, no oddball set up fixtures no changing notcher sizes. The only time I use an actual notcher is when I need tight tollerances.

So, sorry. No difinitive answers here...
baggeddime   +1y
i have a scotchman abrasive notcher and love it
baggeddime   +1y
but then again on adgate2 yota i used a harbor freight one and got buy... till i tested the abrasive at a tool showand loved it
junior   +1y
I guess Ill probably go wit the hole saw type for now and then upgrade to something better on down the road. As far as chop saws which in your opinion is better the abrasive or the dry cut type.Im trying to better equip myself for the projects I wanna do but have no Idea what I need.
BioMax   +1y
The abrasive type. The "Dry saw" is too one-job(ish) for me. The traditional chopsaw is a multi-tasker.