Page 2 of 2
Ask A Pro \  81 luv pup front custom control arms

81 luv pup front custom control arms

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 628
replies 19
following 8

SoDakminis   +1y
plus there are a few more pics of this in my profile..
TwistedMinis   +1y
Its really hard to tell from the pictures. But the pivot of the arms should be at the same level as the bolt holes on that bracket that held the stock arm. And in the same location width wise as the stock arm. Thats the best I can tell you. And spindles would help. You should be able to get your balljoints at NAPA or similar store.
SoDakminis   +1y
what about the distance from stock out to the spindle?? what exactly am i gaining or losing??
ball joints were like $200 locally...so i opted to screw local money..and get all 4 for $68.....
TwistedMinis   +1y
If the control arm is longer than stock you will get less camber change. But if its longer than stock, but the pivot is in the stock location it may cause some problems, such as positive camber.
Dejavu   +1y
man ... those are some nice looking arms...
SoDakminis   +1y
well thats what it is...longer then stock not by much but both upper and lower are stock pivot location... i prlly shouldnt get to worked up till i get spindle and shit mounted.hu... just made some tabs for the bottom back mount..get em cut out tommarow or monday..unless i find out that this is all totally wrong
SoDakminis   +1y
sry max got home late...tried to call got the machine...lemme know when is a good time to call....late
BioMax   +1y
Here's what I was talking about...

post photo
SoDakminis   +1y
sorry..but i really dont understand how that works..i cant really tell even what it is...hope that wasnt a stupid statement
SoDakminis   +1y
nevermind.. figured out it was a spindle...thanks