Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  81 luv pup front custom control arms

81 luv pup front custom control arms

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 616
replies 19
following 8

SoDakminis   +1y
hey max... i talked to you via email last night...about my control arm problem...i am still pretty screwd up on this...so if you could gimme a hand id appreiciate it... i took some pics and i hope they can help... im not sure if i even have the top one right..but i am really unsure on the bottom. it is in the stock location in the pics which puts the rear mount way behind the frame...and that side of the arm hits the frame..but i think it will still be ok cuz it is at a pretty good amount of lift when it hits... the thing is.. is the guy that built these for me said he would help..after it took him about a year to build them...and get them to me...then he was suppose to send me mounts and d tabs and a few other goodies to help mount them..which would have made this a piece of cake..( i think ) but he has completly fell of the face of the earth.. so im on my own..i trusted that he would hold his word and answer all questions.. but oh well..anyways...take a look and tell me what you think..maybe were shit should go...maybe it all needs to come out farther...im really bangin my head...ive never done anything this big b4 so im sure some asshole is going to tell me "maybe you shouldnt be doing this" well maybe not but i am... gotta start somewere... so please i dont want to hear that...if ya cant help stay off the thread...thanks in advance..and im sure i will talk to you again... now could someone please post the pics for me i cannot... they are ironicly in my s-10 profile and all titled...should be 13 of them... i hope this helps me...
SoDakminis   +1y
just posted pics...might take awhile...sorry
SoDakminis   +1y
this is the last time i heard from kyle (the guy that built these) and obviously i never got them... but what the hell does lower control arm brakets/mounting tubes..... mean is that what he might have used to mount the rear part of the lower arm???? Hey Ryan, yeah the tie rod end slips over the stock tie rod, and need to be welded on. I read your email and realized I have the lower control arm brackets/mounting-tube, d-tabs, and the necessary tie rod studs. I will post a pic so you can see what I mean. Basically you will be receiving more parts. I am going to fast ship them. (they're light and won
SoDakminis   +1y
can someone please post my pics
Tacon19s   +1y

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
SoDakminis   +1y
wow..they go to the right..neat.. thanks eddie

BaggedMazda87   +1y
Edited: 9/29/2007 7:44:11 PM by BaggedMazda87

Damn.

Not sure how well they are welded the way they are all shaped and smoothed out, but those fuckers look bitchin'

I can see how you're not sure what to do, and i cannot help much, but it looks to me like you've got them set pretty well, assuming your putting them in the stock location(obviously different means of mounting them), which is normally pretty safe. EXCEPT it looks like your upper arm mount is further toward the engine than stock-is your upper arm longer to make up for that movement?

Some 1/4"(maybe gusseted, due to the length) tabs on the back of that lower arm should work perfect...

I know max will answer much better, but thats my insight
TwistedMinis   +1y
The rear part of the lower arm needs some tabs to bolt to. You will probably need to make them, or get some long tabs and modify them. Similar to this.
post photo
SoDakminis   +1y
thats what i figured...im just not sure thats what kyle meant for them..... but geometry wise they look ok in this position????
SoDakminis   +1y
might have to notch bottom of frame a bit to clear back of lower arm?? when laid out..whaddya think..suppose i have to bolt shit up to find out...dont have ball joints,,found some on ebay but shit wont let me log on...gettin kinda pissd