Driveshaft question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 800
replies 18
following 8

FullSizeRST   +1y
hope it works out ...i had my pinion off and this happend

BioMax   +1y
That looks like something other than pinion issues. What is your recolection of what happened?
MagicMikey   +1y
Originally posted by FullSizeRST

hope it works out ...i had my pinion off and this happend

wow i got a close look at one of those comeing off my buddies mazda, it can through between me and another body drop mozda. his pinion was out bad and it wore out the unjoints witch went bad and slung it out while he was dragin doing about 90 mph. me and the other guy were very luck not to get hit by it.
FullSizeRST   +1y
i was racing my friends rouce mustang and we where going about 130 and my pinion was off and i was rasied all the way up with the kp setup other than that i dont know but i just rebuilt the hole rear with art every thing ...all i know is that it puckerd my booty hole when it popped and the rear of my truck jump off the ground
BioMax   +1y
Butt hole puckered? I bet that there is a bald spot on your seat now!
FullSizeRST   +1y
lol..naw fixed that first lol ... all to geather that drive shaft curled my exsaust down,bent one for link bar,dented side of gas tank,and beat the crap of my under carage. but i still had fun at scrapin the coast
BioMax   +1y
A friend of mine had an honest 700hp bigblock in a car that had all of the suspension work to put the power to the ground, but it still had stock tires and driveshaft. It would destroy the tires at 60mph with no problems. One day he was killin' the tires at about 80mph and the car finally found traction and it twisted the driveshaft out of the car and it took a lot of things with it. It trashed the exhaust, the trans, the floorboard, brakelines, everything that ran near the driveshaft. Luckily it had vinyl seats so he didn't need to have the bald spot repaired. It took him a few years to get the car back on the street again.

It's good to see that it didn't get you down...
unusualfabrication   +1y
Those storys are part of the reason I put in the driveshaft loop. Hopefully if it did go it wouldn't be as bad.
FullSizeRST   +1y
naw just rebulding it bigger and stronger this time around im just waiting on the trans to get out the shop and hopefully i can make it out to midnight fantisies in lake charles on sep. 9 and 10