Page 2 of 2
Ask A Pro \  reverse 4 link?

reverse 4 link?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1055
replies 15
following 8

BioMax   +1y
That would be my suggestion. What are you gonna run?
badcoma   +1y
rx7 or 240zx which ever i can find. i don't want to have to build control arms for this project.
94BAGGEDTOY   +1y
Max- what I mean by nicely set up 4-link is just from your prev. post I took my truck to 2 diff shops and each shop made it drive crappier thats why when you said the following "I'm no fool, I realize that there are MANY reverse 4-links out there that have way too many miles on them, shit I have probably built 50 myself, but once you drive a nicely set-up foward 4-link, there's just no going back..." thats what I have been looking for all along someing nice and simple that rides like a dream instead of this cluster fook I have now. and thanks I will be checking out that site you listed.
bodydrop99ranger   +1y
what about reverse 4-link whit the bag on the over the axle not on the bars
2LOW4U   +1y
He said it doesn't matter where the bags are at... if it is a reverse four link it has many downfalls. Just read the 2nd post up above that is a general statement towards all reverse 4 links not just those w/ bags on the bars.
BioMax   +1y
James- That is a very general statemsnt that I made. A "nicely set-up 4-link" would have an instant center out around the bumper, not too much travel (probably around 10") and nice shocks. It really is so simple, but underdstanding how to set it all up is what so many shops are missing.

John- the less travel you have the better the system works. You could have the absolute shittiest (is that a real word?) suspension design that you could possibly imagine, but if doesn't have any travel, it will work fine. Understand?