Ask A Pro \  Wishbone setups...

Wishbone setups...

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 1472
replies 20
following 8

BioMax   +1y
Originally posted by Aussie LUX04Y

I've never understood exactly how a two link works...? Anyone care to expalin?

Shitty! Don't do it.

There is definately a solution better than reverse or a 2-link. How much travel do you need and how good are your fab skills?
unusualfabrication   +1y
Well, I was trying to be nice in my post but out the window with that, lol!
BioMax   +1y
Edited: 8/22/2007 10:40:59 PM by BioMax

We're straight, I promise! :D

I don't mean to be a dick, there is just ALWAYS a way to make it work well.
unusualfabrication   +1y
I just didn't want to come out and say "Shitty! Don't do it." How short could the upper bars be and still maintain an acceptable pinion angle?
Aussie LUX04Y   +1y
Travel as long as I can lift the chassis of the ground by just over 4 inches thats fine fab skills. I have the suport of some good fabricators who have helped me to get it to the stage it's at now.So you come up with a solution & I'll try make it happen...
BioMax   +1y
The Nash on my profile has 12" long uppers and cycles 8" of useable, pinion issue free travel. I could see that truck able to get 10" or maybe more.
Aussie LUX04Y   +1y
It has about 8 or 9 inches travel with the current setup...
BioMax   +1y
I would just build a short foward facing 4-link. It looks to me that you should be able to get about 14" long bars in there. And if you aren't greedy, you should be able to keep your wheelbase in check. Do a little bit of homework on '61/'62 Cadillacs, the're upper bars are very limited because of the back seat, they came up with a pretty impressive cure, and I think it would work perfectly for you.
Aussie LUX04Y   +1y
Edited: 8/22/2007 11:01:13 PM by Aussie LUX04Y

Net search here we come... I don't think we got the '61/'62 Cadillacs in Aus
granth   +1y
max, when u say it is limited by the driveshaft, if the single pivot is on a crossmember, not over the 3rd member, what does this do exactly? Is it too high?