Isuzu \  York EDC on 2.3

York EDC on 2.3

Isuzu Make Specific
views 1775
replies 17
following 12

blazed22s   +1y
Edited: 3/29/2007 3:35:31 PM by Blazed22s

i finally got around to putting a york onto my isuzu. i didnt have to spend hardly anything, most of the stuff i had lying around, (including the compressor). i ended up using the old bracket from the smog pump to mount my york in the same place. i had to cut up the old bracket and bend it, but i got them to work. the only problem i had was having tension on the belt, so we welded a nut to a piece of angle steel, and bolted the steel to the bottom of the compressor, then used a bolt to press against the old bracket to put tension on everything.

i still need to run the power wire to the pressure switch, and airline to the tanks, but the hard part is done. i might redo the tensioner part, im going to see how it works out, but heres a couple pics

dragn168   +1y
nice job more pics of the mounts would be awsome
blazed22s   +1y
heres a closer picture

this is the bracket thats factory and bolts to the engine block, i cut the far end of it off for clearence purposes

this is the upper bracket the held the smog pump in place, i cut the slotted part off, and heated up and bent the other piece and re drilled it to bold the front of the compressor too.

the back part of the smog pump bracket was also used the same way, but i didnt have a picture of it.
post photo
post photo
post photo
blazed22s   +1y
so what do you all think? its held up really well so far. but i still havent gotten around to plumbing it all up to the tank.
keele   +1y
looks good. I am actually work on mine right now. Need to get a rebuild kit though with the new gaskets and seals i think now though. Wouldn't happen to have one lying around would ya. Ha
blazed22s   +1y
nope, i dont have anything, if my compressor ever goes bad, theres a junk yard like 1/8th of a mile away that has like 6 of them pulled already, sittin on a shelf for $30. i thought about buyin them all, cleanin them up and reselling them... but im lazy
PUPon20s   +1y
Looks nice. I have been wanting to do a setup like that for my truck. I love the speed of engine compressors.
farmer joe   +1y
it be cool to see some mounts for putting a york on g180/200 isuzu engine. ive got a york that im gonna use and havnt mounted it yet.
blazed22s   +1y
so heres the final pics.... i went to good ol' home depot and bought a flapper check valve and a little water trap built for a little compressor.

post photo
post photo
sundown   +1y
Originally posted by farmerjoe84

it be cool to see some mounts for putting a york on g180/200 isuzu engine. ive got a york that im gonna use and havnt mounted it yet.

Kind of similar to above but the 210 mounts on the other side of the block, the carb side of the block if that makes sense. Right above the oil filter there is 4 threaded holes that were empty on my truck and I just made a simple L bracket with a flat base out of 1/4" and drilled a couple of holes and she bolted right on. This is on a G200 out of a 84 pup, but the same engine your asking about.The edc looks factory and is sitting perfectly verticle.