Page 2 of 3
Sport Compact General \  98 civic laying out with 20s help

98 civic laying out with 20s help

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 2347
replies 22
following 11

fatboysS1O   +1y
hey Jordan, the heck with tuckin those 20s, your missin you whole frigin roof! what are ya gunna do about that?
choppedcivic98   +1y
I have a garge that has a roof!!! Its not my daily driver,

does anybody know what i need to do to get my front down
choppedcivic98   +1y
those forks that go around the axles, has anybody built custom ones? does the opening for the axle have to be that tall cause it is narrow and tall? if i can make ones that are a inch & a half shorter that would kick ass!!1
IMPRT2NR   +1y
layin the front is a pain in the ass... have to mod almost everypart of the front suspension.
jdauer02   +1y
Edited: 1/10/2007 12:13:03 PM by jdauer02

Originally posted by choppedcivic98

those forks that go around the axles, has anybody built custom ones? does the opening for the axle have to be that tall cause it is narrow and tall? if i can make ones that are a inch & a half shorter that would kick ass!!1

I dont think you can section the forks because of the axle movement. I think the axle would hit the fork when your laid out. You can section the spindle though.

also some advice about cutting the front up. Brace the front by running a bent tube from on the underside of the front. I had my water squirter bottle removed already so I braced it in that location and the other side as well. dont have pics now but can post them later if you need.
choppedcivic98   +1y
Does sectioning the spindle let the car sit lower or keep the upper control arm from going through the hood????

Originally posted by jdauer02

Edited: 1/10/2007 12:13:03 PM by jdauer02

I dont think you can section the forks because of the axle movement. I think the axle would hit the fork when your laid out. You can section the spindle though.

also some advice about cutting the front up. Brace the front by running a bent tube from on the underside of the front. I had my water squirter bottle removed already so I braced it in that location and the other side as well. dont have pics now but can post them later if you need.

jdauer02   +1y
Edited: 1/11/2007 5:08:52 AM by jdauer02

I think i should buy these!!!!

http://www.heldmotorsports.com/Honda/Front_Spindles.htm

Those will do the trick. By jacking up the wheel you can see where the control arm currently hits or stops, with the sectioned or shortened spindle you will be able to lift the wheel up that much higher ( by up I mean into the wheel well). Example: If you need two inches then you need the spindles sectioned 2 inches.

robzilla   +1y
Suspension Techniques came out with drop forks about 10 years ago but they got discontinued. The fork came really close to the axle, I was going to get them but was told the clearance was not  enough.  Go with the spindle if you need to get it down further in the front.
jdauer02   +1y
wow bringing this thread back from the dead...