threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Trucks \  Need Some info on a 302 in B2200!!!!

Need Some info on a 302 in B2200!!!!

Mazda Trucks Make Specific
views 806
replies 7
following 7

TuKnRaiL   +1y
Alright i have looked through the forums on here and can't find anything. I'm needing to know if anyone on here has put a 5.0 in a B2200 or if someone can tell me where to look on the net for some good info on this swap!!!

Thanks
BK2LIFE   +1y
yeah a bunch of peeps have done it. what do you want to know about? its pretty straight forward.
TuKnRaiL   +1y
i would just like some basic info on it. I heard someone makes a kit for the motor mounts and stuff. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start this swap.
cookiemonster13   +1y
hey fool, the bolt together kit you can buy doesnt work with layin frame. you will have to just mak mounts. why you ditchin the 4 cylinder? because of the problems you weer having with the motor at our show?
trashed   +1y
that would be the ultimate customs kit. youre better off fabbing your own mounts and crossmember. the kit runs about 250 bucks.
casspan   +1y
Check out the April 2004 issue of MiniTruckin, there is an article on a 302 being installed in a Mazda using the Ultimate Customs Kit.
FKpaint   +1y
Originally posted by cookiemonster13

hey fool, the bolt together kit you can buy doesnt work with layin frame. you will have to just mak mounts. why you ditchin the 4 cylinder? because of the problems you weer having with the motor at our show?

Naw...that cleared up, but it still has some of the issues that i have already talked to you about. But that is not why we are putting the 302 in my mazda. My dad has one in his yard that he is no longer using....and of course...being spoiled i get the motor!!! So, of course, i want it in the truck!!! (not to mention...if i do a motor swap..i need to get it done before i do anything else to it)
mazdaholic   +1y
Just use moroso solid motor mounts for a 93 mustang gt and bolt it straight it. Fits perfect and my Mazda is dropped to the doors.
Page 1 of 1