Page 1 of 2
Ford Trucks \  Laying Out an F250 With I Beams

Laying Out an F250 With I Beams

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 1443
replies 18
following 16

BankruptRam   +1y
Does anybody know what all I need to do to lay out a 1988 F250 with I Beams? I know its been done. I'm just looking for pointers suggestions or any kind of help I can find. Pics would be nice too. Thanks.
slammedxonair   +1y
im guessing do a tube steel front setup like on a ranger. and i think chassis tech makes i beams for them. i have chassis tech explorer i beams and they work fine just a little more notching but there the only company that makes them. that should get you started.
blkota   +1y
sry to be off subject but is that like a bronco or somthin?
OneLowTaco   +1y
i thought it was a truck with a cap till u said anything
BankruptRam   +1y
It is an Conversion Package made by Metropolitan and Centurion. Mine is an F250 4 door that had a Bronco rear end fitted up to it. So its like a 4 door Bronco. And I think it will look killer layed out.
balcar   +1y
I've used DJM arms in the past, i like them the best if you are going to stick with I-beams...
ST LayDBurBan   +1y
well lets see who can take a stab at this ..

i bought a 2wd excursion with a gas driven v10 so i can bag and bodydrop it now it has i beams in front and it has them air helper airride laod bags on the rear it has a 4 linka lready what do u guys recommend on it?? from what i hear these type of trucks are the same frame as a f250 and a f320 which dont need much to bodydrop..let me kno thanks
Stock Sucks   +1y
This is just an idea and it might be a bad one...my dad has an 84 F250 longbed thats 2wd so i know what it looks like...but what about moving the mounts for the i-beams farther away so that when its layed out it has the same effect as gettin narrowed beams? im not sure DJM makes beams for F250s
93blazer4dr   +1y
i think it will look like a burban
bodydropped85   +1y
150 i beams MITE work, and i know djm makes them for the f150, also belltech does. you will ahve to make a new mount for the radius ar on the frame, as the factory one hangs down 4 inches. good luck finding wheels that will tuck w/ that HD rear end.