Insurance

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 993
replies 19
following 11

stealth92   +1y
Originally posted by loudciv

Originally posted by stealth92

sure its modified. so what. most insurance companies have no problem insuring you for a set amount; i .e. "i have a dodge neon and i think its worth $15k" they send out an adjuster/appraiser. you show him all your receipts and time into the car. at that time all of your receipts are documented(even though they would lowball you if something got stolen) if the adjuster agrees you get 15K worth of coverage at $? a month. done deal. I have had this type of insurance with state farm, progressive, liberty mutual, and so on and so on. talk to a good agent if they give you the run around hang up call someone else. tell them the coverage your looking for. you might be suprised to find it doesnt cost as much as you would expect. After all if you lie to your insurance company and your cars a peice of shit who cares. if you lie and you want your baby replaced or parts replaced dont bet on them covering it.

LMAO!!! READ THE FINE PRINT OF YOUR POLICY. I THOUGHT THE SAME THING, THE COMPANY LET ME PAY FOR SPECIAL VEHICLE EQUIPMENT, BUT AFTER A FEW YEARS OF PAYING I READ THE FINE PRINT & IN A CASE OF A TOTAL LOSS THEY WOULD ONLY GIVE ME UP TO 10% OF VEHICLES BLUE BOOK ON TOP OF THE VALUE OF CAR. THE AGENT TOLD ME TIME & AGAIN I'D BE COVERED, BUT THE POLICY THAT YOU SIGN IS WHAT MATTERS.

I DID SOME RESEARCH & FINALLY WAS ABLE TO GET COLLECTORS INSURANCE. IT LIMITS ME TO 3500 MILES A YEAR, BUT IF IT GETS TOTALED OR STOLEN, THEY WRITE ME A BIG FAT CHECK.

seams to me i said specialty insurance for the vehicle value not the parts. i think ricey exhaust must effect your brain so you cant comprehend, so sad.
stealth92   +1y
the bottom line is read read read. do not go buy what an agent tells you or a friend or even what some idiot posts on a website nail down something with an agent get them to put it in writing and you will be covered wether the agent wants to after the fact or not. if an agent promises the world let them. just get it in writing without fancy wording. go over it sign write away before the have much chance to change their mind youll be good.
loudciv   +1y

Originally posted by loudciv

sure its modified. so what. most insurance companies have no problem insuring you for a set amount; i .e. "i have a dodge neon and i think its worth $15k" they send out an adjuster/appraiser. you show him all your receipts and time into the car. at that time all of your receipts are documented(even though they would lowball you if something got stolen) if the adjuster agrees you get 15K worth of coverage at $? a month. done deal. I have had this type of insurance with state farm, progressive, liberty mutual, and so on and so on. talk to a good agent if they give you the run around hang up call someone else. tell them the coverage your looking for. you might be suprised to find it doesnt cost as much as you would expect. After all if you lie to your insurance company and your cars a peice of shit who cares. if you lie and you want your baby replaced or parts replaced dont bet on them covering it.

LMAO!!! READ THE FINE PRINT OF YOUR POLICY. I THOUGHT THE SAME THING, THE COMPANY LET ME PAY FOR SPECIAL VEHICLE EQUIPMENT, BUT AFTER A FEW YEARS OF PAYING I READ THE FINE PRINT & IN A CASE OF A TOTAL LOSS THEY WOULD ONLY GIVE ME UP TO 10% OF VEHICLES BLUE BOOK ON TOP OF THE VALUE OF CAR. THE AGENT TOLD ME TIME & AGAIN I'D BE COVERED, BUT THE POLICY THAT YOU SIGN IS WHAT MATTERS.

I DID SOME RESEARCH & FINALLY WAS ABLE TO GET COLLECTORS INSURANCE. IT LIMITS ME TO 3500 MILES A YEAR, BUT IF IT GETS TOTALED OR STOLEN, THEY WRITE ME A BIG FAT CHECK.

seams to me i said specialty insurance for the vehicle value not the parts. i think ricey exhaust must effect your brain so you cant comprehend, so sad.

@ RICER. GOOD ONE CHUMP.
msturg   +1y
hey adam, who is your collectors insurance through? and roughly how much is it a month or every 6 months? Also have you had to make a claim yet, are they hard to get ahold of and work with?

you called him a ricer, haha. If you've ever seen his car you would definetly think twice about that comment. Remember he still has his back seat in, he obviously isn't concerned about the weight. hahahahaha.
BigJay43   +1y
Im thinkin the state farm over thier is tryin to fuk u over or somethin. Because alot of people i know with thier heavily modded rides have state farm, they appraise it and insure it, im not sure how much they pay tho.
Dupa102933   +1y
i have state farm with jsut plpd but they didnt' seem bothered at all with the vehicle hell the agent actually liked it and tried to get me to do full on it but don't have the money
stealth92   +1y
Edited: 8/29/2006 8:52:23 PM by stealth92

ricey not ricer only took you a couple years to read your policy. guess it shouldnt suprise me.
redsuncivic   +1y
Originally posted by ehlersjake

Ok I just tried going through state farm but they wouldn't cover it because I built my engine with aftermarket parts.

i have state farm...on all my car and trucks....on my tracker i had i had state farm also it got broke into they paid for all the stearo stuff and the hydros lol they even paid for the paint on the door were they messed it up..it was no problem for them to cover it at all..and they didnt even know it had that stuff...?!!!!

loudciv   +1y

Edited: 8/29/2006 8:52:23 PM by stealth92

ricey not ricer only took you a couple years to read your policy. guess it shouldnt suprise me.

i guess i would have that kinda time, if everything just bolted on.
stealth92   +1y
Edited: 8/31/2006 9:05:36 PM by stealth92

Edited: 8/31/2006 9:02:32 PM by stealth92

Edited: 8/31/2006 9:01:14 PM by stealth92

Edited: 8/31/2006 8:58:48 PM by stealth92

i love this guy hes soo witty. he must like my 25 inch "bolt on" straight axle conversion lift. i figured youd have time while your car was gettin worked on by everyone but you. not that it doesnt look sick its just you i dont think i like.

i apoligize for turning this post into something other than insurance i will not repost