Page 1 of 2
Sport Compact General \  Insurance

Insurance

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 988
replies 19
following 11

ehlersjake   +1y
I can't get insurance for my car. Say it is modified to much what should I do? What have all of you done?
holcombe347   +1y
it all depends on where you live...my insurance company didnt ask if i modified it and i didnt tell them so they gave me mine...although its liability only. the insurance co. wouldnt give me full on it cause they said it was too old. i have a couple friends in cali that have their insurance cover everything. from sterio to suspension. so i think it depends on the company you are with.
ehlersjake   +1y
Do u think if you don't tell them what you have done and then they come and look at your shit and its fucking slammed and all custom there even going to cover you for what you have?
bigjon   +1y
dont do that if something happen you will screw yourself. Most regular insurances dont cover motified suspension and clear coat paint so check into "special" vehicle coverage, cause if something happens they wont pay any way.
stealth92   +1y
sure its modified. so what. most insurance companies have no problem insuring you for a set amount; i .e. "i have a dodge neon and i think its worth $15k" they send out an adjuster/appraiser. you show him all your receipts and time into the car. at that time all of your receipts are documented(even though they would lowball you if something got stolen) if the adjuster agrees you get 15K worth of coverage at $? a month. done deal. I have had this type of insurance with state farm, progressive, liberty mutual, and so on and so on. talk to a good agent if they give you the run around hang up call someone else. tell them the coverage your looking for. you might be suprised to find it doesnt cost as much as you would expect. After all if you lie to your insurance company and your cars a peice of shit who cares. if you lie and you want your baby replaced or parts replaced dont bet on them covering it.
ehlersjake   +1y
Ok I just tried going through state farm but they wouldn't cover it because I built my engine with aftermarket parts.
loudciv   +1y
Originally posted by stealth92

sure its modified. so what. most insurance companies have no problem insuring you for a set amount; i .e. "i have a dodge neon and i think its worth $15k" they send out an adjuster/appraiser. you show him all your receipts and time into the car. at that time all of your receipts are documented(even though they would lowball you if something got stolen) if the adjuster agrees you get 15K worth of coverage at $? a month. done deal. I have had this type of insurance with state farm, progressive, liberty mutual, and so on and so on. talk to a good agent if they give you the run around hang up call someone else. tell them the coverage your looking for. you might be suprised to find it doesnt cost as much as you would expect. After all if you lie to your insurance company and your cars a peice of shit who cares. if you lie and you want your baby replaced or parts replaced dont bet on them covering it.

LMAO!!! READ THE FINE PRINT OF YOUR POLICY. I THOUGHT THE SAME THING, THE COMPANY LET ME PAY FOR SPECIAL VEHICLE EQUIPMENT, BUT AFTER A FEW YEARS OF PAYING I READ THE FINE PRINT & IN A CASE OF A TOTAL LOSS THEY WOULD ONLY GIVE ME UP TO 10% OF VEHICLES BLUE BOOK ON TOP OF THE VALUE OF CAR. THE AGENT TOLD ME TIME & AGAIN I'D BE COVERED, BUT THE POLICY THAT YOU SIGN IS WHAT MATTERS.

I DID SOME RESEARCH & FINALLY WAS ABLE TO GET COLLECTORS INSURANCE. IT LIMITS ME TO 3500 MILES A YEAR, BUT IF IT GETS TOTALED OR STOLEN, THEY WRITE ME A BIG FAT CHECK.
fatman   +1y
i have everything cover down to my air bags all you need is endorsment coverage like when my honda got jaked they tryed to give me 3k but i ended up with almost 10k sense i had speacle covage and let me tell you they wernt happy but i read the smaal print
ehlersjake   +1y
see that is what I was trying to get as well. Was the collectors insurance and they said my car would't qualify for that because of the mods to the engine. My insurance guy thought I was good to go for like 33 bucks a month for 28 grand of coverage because thats what my car appraised out at and now they are like nope!!
sr98219   +1y
Well Haggerty(spelling) was at Nopi Nats. last year and when I talked to them they said that they were wanting to get started in the custom world and not just on antique rides, so you might want to check them out. That's what I'm going to do when I get my eclipse out of the shop.