Page 1 of 2
Car Care \  Black Paint Sucks

Black Paint Sucks

Car Care Q & A
views 2121
replies 15
following 15

kelso2002   +1y
nothing looks better but nothing looks worse, ive heard somewhere you can use furnature polish on black paint?? anyone ever heard of this? and also what works well with black paint, i like to use Production brand Midnight Special
DodgeRT   +1y
yes i agree with the black part...never heard of furniture polish,ain't about to try it,lol
Hemi00x   +1y
worst mistake ive ever made....... its makes me so mad sometimes when i wash it i just give up and go home and drink some beer..but when clean for the 30 minutes its badass.... i use stuff called showroom i got it from the car wash bay at any local dealer, it works amazing with a terry cloth. i was goin to ask about a california duster if anyone has had one with black that would be tight if they knew how well it worked....
kelso2002   +1y
yea i have a cali duster, and here in my town it get like 100 plus, the dust just smears around, if i wanna dust it i have to wash it, and there cant be 1 part of the paint in the sun or it will smear or waterspots i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
complexdesigns   +1y
The duster works, I have just started using nano wax, it works pretty well.
BadAssChevillac   +1y
yea the duster works great and i live in florida where it is humid, it might be a good idea to wait until the sun is setting to use it to give the metal time to cool off
raylayinrockers   +1y

hiden industry products    polymer 2 teflon is the very best  fist ues a orbital buffer with some swril remover than ues the teflon /polymer 2 you will have the wet black look you are looking for and lasts for 9 months
SYCOTIK   +1y
i agree. the 1st truck i bought was black. got tired of it so i painted it silver. bought a black denali. hated tryin to keep it clean and said id never buy a black vehicle again. ended up tradin that in for a new black sierra. guess i just have like a love-hate relationship with black vehicles. lol. just sux having to wash it everyday to keep it lookin good for the 30 minutes after u wash it. haha
detailpro3   +1y

I have been detailing for 17 years and I love black, midnight blue, and forest green. They look great when they are taken care of. I use a glaze with a foam pad and then hand wax and it always looks sweet.
matchead88   +1y

i agree as well! i Hate black. my Silverado is black, i remember my dad telling me not to buy a black vehicle, but i wouldnt listen. when theyre clean they look amazing! but 30-40 mins later you start seeing all the little imperfections. i also have a california duster, that thing works great, but its a pain dusting the truck every hour.