Chevy/GMC Trucks \  67-72 C-10 Sectioned Crossmember

67-72 C-10 Sectioned Crossmember

Chevy/GMC Trucks Make Specific
views 13831
replies 31
following 22

TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by FloorVair

I like the idea of sectioning it, but from what i gather from the other site, 1 3/4 isnt enough to get the crossmember even with the frame. I wish it wasnt dark, i need to go do some measuring!

My buddy's is fine witht he 1 3/4" The lowest part of the crossmember is about 3/16" higher than the lowest part of the rail before it bends up. So, theoretically it should lay flat. We'll know for sure this weekend, the back should be done. So far, it's all been done on blacks and jack stands.
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
lol thats not fair Carlos i fell off the back of the short bus.

Forgot about the steering shaft part. You'll need two universal joints to clear the upper arms. At least, thats what it looks like at this point. I can get pictures of where it's at now if you need them.

Pics would be sweet
TwistedMinis   +1y
Don't have pictures of the steering shaft, because neither of use has bought universal joints yet, so no ones there. But, next time I go over to his house I'll try to remember to bring my camera and snap some shots of it in the truck for you guys.
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
sweetness
LowestSixty7   +1y
Hey whats up....here at IF we have sectioned two of them. The first was Matts 67' doored on 22's and the second is mine doored, and sectioned 67' on 20's. There are a couple pics on my profile and there should be some up on www.ifcustom.com
Wicked Fantacies   +1y
ahhh c i wasnt the only one who got confused. heh heh hey baddass ^ u got anymore pics on the way chris
LowestSixty7   +1y
Thanks, I will be posting some more soon....the truck is alot further along now.
FloorVair   +1y
Originally posted by blazedbowtie82

Don't have pictures of the steering shaft, because neither of use has bought universal joints yet, so no ones there. But, next time I go over to his house I'll try to remember to bring my camera and snap some shots of it in the truck for you guys.

That would be a big help, its gonna be about a week or two before i get space to put it in my shop. Im its either a Z or this, im just looking into all options.

MRCO   +1y
anyone know if a 3/4 ton xmember is different in anyway that would be detrimental to using it? last night i picked up a whole fron suspension off a 3/4 ton 68 burb for my 68 1/2 ton.(free!) dudes got another front end from a 1/2 ton but if this 3/4 will work ill cut it.

i measured most of it last night and it all seems to be the same. BJs are bigger, spindles and drums are 8 lug etc but it looks same-same.

how bout some pics of oil pan to xmember clearance after the section?
bagged_99   +1y
Has frame, tubular arms, spindles, disc brakes for sale in classifieds under suspension parts for 67 - 72