Page 2 of 3
Sport Compact General \  frame for unibody

frame for unibody

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 1086
replies 22
following 14

fkntukn1   +1y
have fun bro i finished up my frame for my grand am tons of work but worth it in the end.
pearldrop   +1y
Are you making it RWD too?

juicedwagon   +1y
damn it! someone had to reply to this and get it back in my head. damn what to do. if i saw deatailed pics of what others did i would think of doin it.
John Nissan   +1y
Originally posted by Xpendable

Im in the process of building a frame for my mustang . We crossbraced the interior before we cut the floor out and had no problems but like bagged85 said the car is completely stripped. We replated the bottom of the rockers with some 10 gauge that we had broke into an L shape . This gave us a thick area on the inside of the rocker to build body mounts and weld the new floor to.

since james is a lazy biootch

Xpendable   +1y
Lol,I was just trying to keep it in hiding John. I didnt want anyone to see my cardboard gussets.
bdroppeddak   +1y
its the tape that makes them strong
John Nissan   +1y
Originally posted by Xpendable

Lol,I was just trying to keep it in hiding John. I didnt want anyone to see my cardboard gussets.

i dont think having them on myspace is hiding them..
Xpendable   +1y
Yeah your probably right. I need to get new pics up . All the bracing is cut out , the gussets are metal, the bodymounts are done and the air tank on the other side is done.
NCsteven   +1y
Fuck it cut it! I'm down for the cause!
juicedwagon   +1y
shit guys. i guess i need to sell my caprice wagon for money, if i can do that i might have to start on this. the main reson right now that makes me want to do this is im kinda weiry about setioning my honda spindles, i like ot do stuff myself and it scares me to think about welding cast. hmmm got some thinkin to do.

and steven, i will call you this weekend, your blazer better be back on the road. oh and we got the 20's on my buddys odyssey, they make the van look so much better, i still need to get pics and put them up though