Page 1 of 1
Car Care \  Removing Hard Water Spots

Removing Hard Water Spots

Car Care Q & A
views 1095
replies 8
following 6

draggin97   +1y
I don't know if this topic is a repost, but I found a way to remove hard water spots from windows. Personally, I hate water spots on windows. At the right angle, it makes windows look hazy. I went to Home Depot and picked up some fine steel wool (0000 fine) and some ZEP foaming glass cleaner. I did one passenger side window on my crew cab and the water spots came out. I could feel a difference between that window and the front window (I have yet to do). It felt really smooth to the touch. Takes a little elbow grease, but it was worth it. I think I might try some Wenol polish with the steel wool to see how it comes out.
marcazi   +1y
But how do you remove acid rain on windows? I have a car at the dealership that has it all over it, Tried lime away, steel wool, paint thinnner, nothing works. any ideas?
zaccanti   +1y
the acid rain probley etched the window bro, on the car itself try some wax and grease remover and see what happens. it may have lifted the clear and has to be repainted. i know we have had some come in with sap that has sat on the car and after we get if all cleaned off its got a fricken bubble from it liftin. pain in the ass.
marcazi   +1y
I got it off the car with a high speed buffer, and some good compound, no problem. Too bad its a 2005 Malibu ex rental.
raylayinrockers   +1y

acid wash  and wax 
Layumon22s   +1y
Edited: 5/24/2009 3:41:56 PM by Layumon22s

wow go thread digging often? but since you brought it up. what do you recommend hydrochloric acid? and since its going on the windows how do you keep the acid from screwing up the paint?
raylayinrockers   +1y

yes you soap up the door really good than spray the window soap the paint again than wash the window no spot if there are still spots make the acid stronger  you can do it to paint as well i have been detailing for 11 years so ne more questions hit me up

raylayinrockers   +1y

yes hydrocloric acid mix 50/50
raylayinrockers   +1y

DO NOT DO THE WINDSHIELD  I BUFF THE WINDSHIELD WITH AUTO MAGIC XP COMPUOND WITH A GRIT IN IT AND ALWAYS WAX THE WINDOWS WHEN FINISHED
Page 1 of 1