threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  3 link ideas PLEASE!!!!

3 link ideas PLEASE!!!!

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1050
replies 12
following 5

2thpic   +1y
i want to run a 3-link with d2600 bags on my 86.
but i dont want to relocate the gas tank.
does anyone seen and or have a setup that does not require the relocation of the gas tank.
smctoy   +1y
Seth made a 3-link kit at one time & he has pics on his site on how he did it...should give you some ideas.

2thpic   +1y
yea seen that but i need something way bit cheaper. i got shallow pockets.
layedout72   +1y
If you have your bed off and can give me measurements i can draw something up for you to build yourself maybe. But I take it you wanna just buy something?
2thpic   +1y
thats where i have been for like 4 mo., drawing up different designs and trying to come up with one that will work. i have even gone to the extend of drawing the frame and such in 3D trying to fig it out.
damn s10's have it EZ as fare as 3 and 4 link pre-built stuff.
I'll try to post some of what i have done to give you guys a idea of what i think.
burnzya   +1y
just make something similar to the kit that seth had fabbed. it's pretty close to the setup that was on frank, but with an improved instant center from the looks of the revised wishbone. whatever you come up with will need to look similar if you want to keep the tank where it is.

also building a link setup yourself can still be pretty pricey. each time i've bought stuff to do a link setup i've usually ended up spending around $300 for threaded bushings, weld on bushings, tabs, tubing, and hardware. and then it's still a pile of parts needing to be fabricated
layedout72   +1y
i'm with bernie. even with control arms, I was going to spend 80 dollars on parts alone and that wasn't everything. I may as well just buy some uppers from somewhere already built and somewhat warrantied.
2thpic   +1y
really, the cost of building and building is almost the same................
hummm i'm going to have to do a check on cost it sounds like.
i was thinking that i could save a good deal of $$$
cable   +1y
you could still consider moving the tank to the back of your frame,just extend the wires&fuel lines,now you can get a plain forward 4 link for around $300,the option and room to run bag on bar,no need for a watts or pan hard bar.I think you would be better off working around a 4-link,than working around a gas tank......food for thought,good luck!
smctoy   +1y
Talk to this Chris on facebook...he designed/made his own 3-link for his Toyota truck. Here is the link to his page...