Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  4 link

4 link

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1131
replies 13
following 6

blackedoutcoupe   +1y
im building my 4 link this weekend and i have been on this site for 3 days straight looking for ideas. I found what i was looking for i guess its a forward 4 link i looked at the pics then went and measured my truck looks like the lower bars are around 33" long and the uppers are around 25" long does this seem about right
truck action   +1y
I have a forward triangulated set up on my 88,& run short upper bars & long lowers with the axis points all in line. Running shorter bars does & will cause more axle movement forward & rearward! The longer the bars the less this will happen! It is not a problem in my case ,but can be ,as the drive line can bind or pull out !
I chose to do this as wanted the mounting points where I put them!
Read all you can on link bars! Forward is the right way ,as the wheels will not lift !
layedout72   +1y
axis points all in line? just wondering what you meant there. are all 4 of your bars at the same angle? i've alwas been told to keep instant center into account...meaning the lowers and uppers intersects somewhere close to the center of the front bumper for a rough guide as the where it should be.
2thpic   +1y
Where you locate the axes point will affect all parts of travel.
i just threw this together just now but it might clear up the subject.

layedout72   +1y
again, would that picture not give you an infinite instant center?
2thpic   +1y
here's some vid's on 4-links, hope this helps too.

layedout72   +1y
none of those videos are telling me anything honestly. my question is why would you spend the time designing a four link that does not take instant center into account and even worse, leaves it being infinite?
burnzya   +1y
yeah grant that looks like infinite... it would work, but not ideal.
2thpic   +1y
I guess i'm not getting what you are saying/asking about.
This might help get the info you are looking for........
burnzya   +1y
what he is saying is on the diagram you made the distance between the upper and lower link mounts appears to be identical, giving the car an infinite instant center.