Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  setting up my final check list for my front set up

setting up my final check list for my front set up

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 461
replies 8
following 3

twisted customz   +1y
ok so, im gona bag the front of my truck as soon as i get my final parts in, and wanted to make a check list of the things i need to do to lay it out to the pinch on 19's with stock arms. In order to do so, i would need to z the frame 1.5in, flip the upper ball joints, and get a new tranny mount correct? My concern is if I NEED drop spindles to lay on 19's, or not? I have heard mixed things about it, so I wanted to make sure before i start, then have to stop mid way and wait for them. the truck is a 94 with the auto tranny btw, so no need to worry about the clutch cylinder. also does it need to be tubed, I would imagine so because of the 19's correct? I want to be certain because i dont want to have to redo the front end again later in down the line.

Thanks in advance,
Chriz
hng-10w   +1y
im not sure about flipping balljoints what do u mean by that? its not done a lot in australia but if u use spindles u will lay 19's and u will have less camber and less stress on your balljoints.
also i suggest tubbing higher to allow for a larger BD or larger wheels (juuuust in case), best you tub once not twice.
ive recessed my bag plate into the lca about 3/4" so my upper plate will be under the chassis as opposed to on it and having to cut out a lil bit of the chassis for bag clearance, more work but the uca wont foul on the upper bag plate and u can get a lil more lift with a bd
twisted customz   +1y
the ball joint flip is used to help with the binding issuse, basically you unbolt it from the bottom, then bolt it to the top. It also gives you a little more drop too...
smctoy   +1y
I would say get the spindles...it will help out when it comes to getting it down more & with the positive camber too. I talked to Seth about this when I was asking about my truck & he suggested anything bigger than an 18 go with drop spindles on the front. Also...are you plnning to install aftermarket control arms or use the factory ones?? I ask cause there is a guy on that has a set of Triangulated stock lower control arms $100 shipped & a set of tubular uppers as well too. Here is the link to them.

hng-10w   +1y
ahk sweet i didnt know that, but if i were you id jump on those uppers, save u some greif! thats cheap!
hng-10w   +1y
heres a pic of my control arms anyways, finished them yesterday
the sides have been plated with some 4mm and the cutout corners have been radiused as to avoid promoting tearing under pressure (can never be too safe!)

twisted customz   +1y
damn those look sexy
smctoy   +1y

Very nice!!
hng-10w   +1y
cheers guys
Page 1 of 1