Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Stupid gearbox xmember question

Stupid gearbox xmember question

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 354
replies 3
following 3

hng-10w   +1y
I was working on my truck tonight, working out my gearbox xmember and figured i had to raise my box.. but how much is normal to lift them? it appears that i have to raise it about 40mm (around 1.5")? this was to clear that weird bolt on the bottom of the mount and enough room for the mounting plate (im using part of the original xmember mount)
it may have been because i was overly tired and i freaked out, but is this a normal amount to raise the box?

cheers guys
smctoy   +1y
I dont see why it wouldnt be ok...when I installed the aftermarket tranny crossmember in my 91 extra-cab I raised the mounting brackets up an inch just to make sure that everything cleared. Have you tried ? Its a great site that is full of helpful info.
truck action   +1y
Not sure I have this right! Never heard of having to rise the trans,only change the trans mounting bar!
You are talking about bagging & getting the frame to lay?
hng-10w   +1y
yep smctoy im on DUT ive got my buildup on there atm, just thought it would be easier to ask on a toyota only site, especially coz u guys seem to reply a hell of a lot quicker then the guys back home

truck action im talking about the crossmember / where the box is actually bolted (rear, near the drive shaft), if i raise this it will obviously slant the gearbox forward but is this ok? i cant see any other way getting the box & tube xmember i have to clear the bottom of the chassis rails. more than likely its what everyone does but it just seemed like a bit much to raise it, there was actually no space between where the selector is and the tranny tunnel!
Page 1 of 1