Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  need some info...

need some info...

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 380
replies 4
following 3

smctoy   +1y
Ok...I want to remove the "proportioning valve" off my 91 model truck & Ive seen where some of you have, but Im not 100% sure what parts I need in order to remove it. I swiped this pic from another build thread & I was hoping that any of you that have removed this part could post pics of what you did, what parts are needed to do this mod & where you got the parts from! Thanks for any & all help...

thread post photo
baha   +1y
I don't know if this will help but on my Toyota a T-fitting was used to replace the proportioning valve. Definitely looks a lot cleaner lol
smctoy   +1y

That sounds good to me & well be just fine for what I want to do. Do you have any pics of what you did & where did you got the t-fitting from??
baha   +1y
Actually Johnny did it, I think he got a t brake fitting from NAPA, have you made your own brake lines before? Basically he just made new lines for each drum to the t-fitting then he just connected the rubber hose to it. I'm sure NAPA would know what size threads you would need.
truck action   +1y
Most people just remove,installing a tee & remove one of the two lines that run to the rear!
I kept both lines as one is a return,& keeps the system as designed.
I have upgraded the front disk,booster,& master,& installed disk @ the rear. Also run braided lines @ the front & rear. My brake system works very well,& can bring my truck to a stop in a short distance, from speed!
Which is all in need with the increase in wheel size & horse power!
Page 1 of 1