Yota Lowering \  front brake upgrade

front brake upgrade

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 2042
replies 24
following 6

macdave06   +1y
wasnt sure where to put this... haha.
anybody know parts to upgrade the front brake system? supra fronts?
truck action   +1y
Did mine a while back,see post.
From 9.25" rotor to 12.19" drilled/slotted Wilwood; & used a 4 piston 4 Runner caliper,brackets from a guy on Toyota Minis ( think he still as a few sets), this set up works great.
macdave06   +1y
what do the willwood rotors run? theyre pretty pricey arent they?
truck action   +1y
Wilwood rotor #160-7105/#1607106,$117.95 ea. @ carshopinc.com; Wilwood hat #170-1827,$84.95 ea;
bolt kit ( need two),#230-0150 $10 ea.;new 86-95 Toyota 4-Runner/4 wd drive 4-piston caliper got off e-bay,or you can get from Tap Recycling $55 ea.
macdave06   +1y
those rotors mount to the hub right? like a ring shape? and do the stock caliper brackets from the 4wd work or new ones need to be made?
baha   +1y
Can you post another pic of your perdy brakes truck action ?:D
truck action   +1y

Front stock 9.25" & the Wilwood 12.19"
truck action   +1y

Rotor /caliper in place
truck action   +1y

The bracket I got from a member of Toyota Minis site $70, believe he may still a have few sets!
truck action   +1y

The brackets were made to use the Toyota 4x4 / 4 Runner calipers,can get new from Napa auto stores or off e-bay. I used Goodyear braided front brake lines. You need a fitting,two, to go from male to female @ the caliper & a little clearance work @ the bracket & caliper to get the caliper to center over the rotor! No big deal!
I have dropped spindles & that may be the reason!
Also a must, to use longer wheel studs,so the same amount of threaded area is there!
Not so pricey for much better brakes,around $700 in all!