Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  need 4 link help

need 4 link help

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 773
replies 11
following 4

89toy   +1y
i wanto 4 link my 89 toyota its allready bagged wiht manoleaf setup and i need 4 link ideas my old truck had a 2 foward and 2 back i was thinking about doing that but i want to see what else i can do show me some pics or share some ideas thanks
stll2hi   +1y
Avoid the 2 forward 2 back at all costs!! If you're not willing to relocate the gas tank, look at an offset wishbone or something. If you're gonna stick with the reverse 4 link, at least run the lower bars back too.

Here's my 92, which by the way will be changing in the future to a Watts link set up:

thread post photo

On my Taco I'm running a Thorbecke wishbone set up, but the gas tank has been moved:

Here's an idea of what the lowers will look like...
thread post photo

and here's where the pivots are, minus the upper bar mounts which haven't been designed just yet, but they'll be roughly 7" above the lower tabs you see on the crossmember, then the bars will be welded to the pivot on top of the diff..

thread post photo
89toy   +1y
but the thing with my truck will i have to move my bags like yours or can i leave them on top of my diff
stll2hi   +1y
Where are they now?
89toy   +1y
my bags are on top of my dif like to the notch
stll2hi   +1y
You could leave them there and run a reverse if you didn't want to move your tank. You could run the uppers from the top of the diff back like you probably had before, just run the lowers from the bottom of the axle back. Having the bars going forward and back is just gonna cause a shit ton of pinion change.
89toy   +1y
thanks alot for the help what are the angles i need or how would i go about putting the bottom links on sorry but ive never done this before and i just wanna get it right or atleast have an idea be for i try doing something
layedout72   +1y
thread post photo

theres mine
stll2hi   +1y
If you've never done it I would try to get someone who has done one to give you a hand. This is a pretty important part. On my taco, I'm going with my upper mounts about 6 -7" higher than the lower forward mounts. With the lower bars parallel, I'm keeping the upper bars at about 6-8 degrees. However, before any of this you have to center your axle, both forward as well as side to side. There is no one answer for how things will be set up, it's sort of vehicle specific I guess.
truck action   +1y
Read all you can find on suspension & link set ups! Set up should be @ ride height,& with the pinion angle the same as was stock! This prevent drive shaft from pulling out or pushing in too far!