threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Help? Ford+Toy= Japerican problem.

Help? Ford+Toy= Japerican problem.

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 410
replies 2
following 2

n2bnlow   +1y
A friend of mine has a slammed 98 Ford Ranger which he swapped out the axel for a 90's Toyota axel because he is running 20"x8.5" rims and the Toy axel is narrower. The problem is that a Ford Ranger speedo sensor is located in the axel. As you might know the Toyota speedo sensor is not. His computer is throwing codes that says its too lean, and the truck wont run right. Do any of you guys have any ideas that might help out my Oval driving friend. I told him to keep the axel, and swap out the rest of the truck for a Toyota, but he was'nt feelin that idea.
baha   +1y
Wow that is a swap! He had to get a custom made drive shaft also right?

You could probably get it to work with that housing, you would have to drill a hole for the sensor, it's just a small cylinder, and then add what ever the sensor reads to the Toyota axle. Just a theory I've never done it before. Let us know what he does!

Just another thought what happens if that sensor is still plugged in, just not hooked up to the axle? If it runs rough still, make sure it's mounted to metal, it may need to ground.

Sorry I wasn't much help lol
n2bnlow   +1y
Thanks for taking the time to answer.
He said that the U-joint was swapped out to make the driveshaft work with the Toyota axel.
He's gonna have to get a new sensor to try to plug it in. He left it in the old axel that went to the junk yard.
I'll let you know what happens.And if anybody else has any advise too, let me know. Please.
Page 1 of 1