Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  2wd spindles on 4runner

2wd spindles on 4runner

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 541
replies 6
following 3

bigdaddy87547   +1y
I have a 95 toyota 4runner. Will 2wd stock or even drop spindles fit on my 2wd 4runner? My 2wd 4runner apparently has 4wd spindles.
twisted minis   +1y
The only other spindle that is going to fit your 4WD 4Runner is one from a 2WD 4-runner.

And it's the same spindle.

The suspension is so vastly different between the 4Runner and the 2WD pickup it's not even funny. It wouldn't be remotely close to working. Best shot is to clip it with a 2WD pickup frame.
dragginwagon   +1y
i have a clip(complete), drop spindles, new balljoints, bearings,etc... wanna buy em
bigdaddy87547   +1y
When you say clip, are you referring to the radiator support or just suspension/steering components? I am new to the lowering/bagging world. Also, what would something like that cost. Is that what would be needed, a front clip of a 2wd truck to lower a 4runner?
bigdaddy87547   +1y
I have noticed on my buddys 91 yota, his torsion bars (now transmission cross member) went through the lower control arm. On my 4runner, it goes through the upper control arm.
twisted minis   +1y
If you just want to lower it, not necessary. If you want to bag it, then yes. You need to understand that you will be limited with how low you can go with the stock suspension you have right now.

And by clipping, yes, I mean swapping the suspension out. Here is a Datsun I clipped with a Toyota frame.
thread post photo
bigdaddy87547   +1y
Ok, I understand It alot better now. off subject, I had my hands on a 86 nissan truck. Loved the truck, just too damn much work involved to have fun with. Floor boards were rotted. thanks
Page 1 of 1