Page 1 of 3
Yota Lowering \  Front bags

Front bags

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1509
replies 21
following 8

woogity   +1y
anyone got any pics of how they did there bags up front? my brother has done a mazda and a nissian and we just arent sure were to cut it or anything like that

pictures would be appreciated
truck action   +1y
CanDo's site has some good photo's!
baha   +1y
If he's done a pre 94 Mazda it should look really familiar to him, to lay frame you will need to either raise the transmission cross member or replace it. You will also have to Z the front 1.5" because the engine cross member will hit the ground first.
baha   +1y
Hope These Help, here are some pics from my rebuild project
From Thread------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frame on Table

I love being able to work on that table, I'm so glad I built that first.

And these pictures are for reference if anyone is wanting to see what it takes to lay frame.

Here you can see Transmission crossmember will keep the truck up about 1.5" from the ground.

The angle of the picture is misleading but it is 1.5"

I've been told I'll have to Z the front also but I'll see how much once I get to that point, with the table I can make sure it's flat.

baha   +1y
And some more I'll try to post the bags installed wednesday depending on how much progress I get done

From the build thread----------------------------
These are just for reference for anyone doing a Z. This is with the transmission crossmember taken out and the engine cross member laying flat.

The front end still still be about 1.5" from laying as shown

And also the frame by the transmission cross member will be about 3/4" from laying flat. Note: there is also some trimming needed where the factory cross members meet the frame rails because they over lap the bottom adding the thickness of the material to the bottom. about 3/16"

Anyway just started the Z. I did a 1.5" Z and angled the section slightly to the rear of the frame so I could raise the engine cross member more with out moving the entire section up higher.

--------------------------------------------------
holcombe347   +1y
that looks good baha.... you should come do mine next.
baha   +1y

Sure I've wanted to come out to CA for awhile!
layedout72   +1y
must be nice! i want to do something similar Rob. I know i'm having it done for me but I would love to do it myself next time.
woogity   +1y
thanks man i appreciate we are working on it now
baha   +1y
I should have more tomorrow I'm cutting off the front of the engine cross member where it dies into the frame. IMO it will be just a cleaner over all look instead of just welding gussets to the front but I'll show you want I mean tomorrow hopefully.

How's your project coming along?