Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  Front shock set up????

Front shock set up????

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1025
replies 12
following 7

onelowyota   +1y
i have a bagged 92 and im running Firestone's right now cuz i cant afford new ones and its to bouncy for around here cops hate me so i don't need any tickets or to get the truck impounded i need to know. i have a spare set of rear shocks i cant really afford new ones but if i have to buy new stock fronts i will but how should i set them up any one have any pics? thanks in adavance
truck action   +1y
What I
onelowyota   +1y
i also meant to say i have stock control arms.
smctoy   +1y
Email Steve & ask him to email you some pics/tips on how to install shocks on the front! He is awesome when it comes to our trucks!
oldsklminitrk   +1y
I give a thumbs up to Steve too....he knows his shit
stll2hi   +1y
Mos def.
truck action   +1y
With out a doubt he's the man!
shortyzkustomz   +1y
My shocks are mounted on top of my upper control arms, It works good but it broke once on the previous owner, I dont like how it looks so I might do away with it and run no shocks
onelowyota   +1y
thanks guys
n2bnlow   +1y
If you are planning on running those rear shocks, you will have to make custom upper shock mounts. I made mine out of chromoly tubing, and used a Suicidedoors.com lower shock-mount bolt. Of course your shocks would be located closer to the arms. Unless you triangulate your stock lowers. I would then drill a hole in the lower control arm for the lower shock-mount bolt. Make sure both bolts are running the same direction. You can see in my pic.
thread post photo

I have more pics of this build if you want 'em