Yota Lowering \  I want to do a U-turn!

I want to do a U-turn!

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1448
replies 22
following 10

1time   +1y
Hey fellas.

My 92 Toyota has a limited turning radius because of the front brake line bracket, where the hardline meets the rubber hose.

The steering stops are engaged to keep the bracket from hitting the air bag.

I believe I need to relocate the bracket and lengthen the rubber brake line.

I was wondering if anyone had pics/tips I could use.

Thanks 1x
m_i_zombie   +1y
have you adjusted the stop located on the bottom backside of the spindle? That can be adjust a little so your can turn the wheels more or less.
1time   +1y
Not my pictures.

See the bracket where the hardline meets the rubber line is. When I turn it will hit the air bag. That is why the steering stops are adjusted to limit the turning radius.

thread post photo

I think I need to do something like this...

thread post photo

But not sure what they did. It seems where the brake hardline meets the rubber line should be supported in this pic, to prevent stress and breakage.

Just looking for some ideas....

Thanks
truck action   +1y
What I did,use braided brake line,& relocate the bracket @ the frame.
1time   +1y

Cool. Nice Shocks!

Do you have any pics where the Braided Line meets the caliper?

Did you thread the braided line straight into the caliper, which would eliminate the hardline and bracket @ the caliper.

That was my concern.

Thanks.
m_i_zombie   +1y
I didn't have any of those problems but it could be because I'm running Slams they don't balloon out quite like the others do. Only thing I did was get the brake line for a 4wd, its a litte longer and heavier duty. My shocks are a similar setup but the are offset about 4inches from the lower control arm and I don't have any interference.
truck action   +1y
This is the stock caliper with after market braided line,the fittings are stock
and use the stock brackets
truck action   +1y
This is the same line into a Toyota 4 Runner 4-piston caliper & larger Wilwood rotor. Had to use a 10mm male to male fitting @ the caliper,no bracket @ the caliper & just bent he stock main hard line to where clears
1time   +1y

I am running slams and my shocks are very close to the pictured ones.

I guess my bag is mounted alittle further out than yours?

Thanks for the 4WD idea!
Post was last edited on Dec 14, 2008 09:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
1time   +1y

Those are some nice brakes!

I am seeing no options but to move my bracket to the back side of the caliper and using a lenghtened carrier bolt to mount the bracket.

Thanks for the pics!