threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Stock Suspension Leaning to the Right.....

Stock Suspension Leaning to the Right.....

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 401
replies 6
following 5

yoguyda   +1y
What i know:

I bought my truck leaning.... About 1" lower on the passenger side front and rear. I know for a fact that the rear passenger side leaf spring is weaker than the other, but i also noticed that the passenger side torsion bar was a lot softer than the drivers side.

What i've done:

Lowered 3" in the rear with blocks....And yesterday i put new torsion bolts/nuts, cus the others were locked up pretty good. Went ahead and lowered it approximately 2 1/2- 3"?

The problem:

Well, its still the same problem i guess...... I've got the torsion bolts threaded through the same length, yet the passenger side wants to sit 1/4-1/2" lower than the drivers side and is a lot softer.

I can rock the passenger side until it bottoms out (bump stops out until i can get it level), but the drivers side i cant get to bottom out for anything(shaking it anyways).

I put it up on jack stands today and had planned on re-indexing the passenger side torsion bar, but i noticed this:

The drivers side wheel is off the ground maybe 3/8" and the passenger side is up at least 1" (eyeballing). The shadow kind of messed the pic up...

Taking the adjusting bolt out , letting the torsion bar sit there un-sprung and jumping on my wheel made no difference in wheel drop.

My ultimate goal is to have the passenger side level and as stiff as the drivers side, so that it wont bottom out as easy as it does now.....A reflector in the street could probably do it, lol.

Any ideas...?

Here is how she's sitting right now:

thread post photo

thread post photo
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
talk to beeftaco over on the custom taco fourm he makes a kit to correct the ol taco lean
yoguyda   +1y
I thought about doing a spacer on the rear to level it out, but it wont make my front torsion bar stiffer....

In the picture, the passenger side torsion bar is cranked up 1/4" more than the drivers side and its leaning....
yodaforce   +1y
Maybe just get a new set of performance torsion bars. Performance products or maybe Downey? Never had this problem so I'm probaby not much help.
truck action   +1y
Bagged it & toss the torsions!!
lilheed   +1y
my truck was leanin to the one side when i got it and here i found out the shocks where stuck down on the one side. always worth a shot
yoguyda   +1y
It wouldnt hurt to check, i'll be messing with it tomorrow....
Page 1 of 1