Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  need pics of front bagged on a 86 yota

need pics of front bagged on a 86 yota

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 540
replies 4
following 3

2smokey   +1y
my buddy has a 86 yota that were trying to bag and the problem is that the top arms are hitting the gussets that we have.please post any pictures you have of the front bagged with stock arms.it would help us out alot thanks alot guys
l o w n l o u d   +1y
FYI - I was informed that if your running stock arms that you should trim the inside so that they would not hit the new upper bag brackets. So, I tried it without doing it and they hit, SO, I trimmed a lil out of the way to clear the plates and all was good, had excellent lift and drop remained the same. That said, I cleaned up the edges I cut out and all was good, I had pics, but, the battery died, so I lost alot of build pics. I DO plan on getting/running CANDO or TwistedMinis Arms, whomever has the best price at the time.
2smokey   +1y
did you use the gussetes at all?and also the upper bag plate did you mount it to the side of the frame or did it kinda go inside where the shock used to be.cuz i saw a pic like that
holcombe347   +1y
here is how mine is done... with the plate sticking out like it does makes it a little easier on the bag when it goes up on a lift because the bag plate takes the load of the wheel and not the bag. this was also done like this because if the plate was trimmed out to clear the upper control arm the arm would extend down and hit the bag...

thread post photo

thread post photo
l o w n l o u d   +1y
I did mine like holcombes truck. The gussets I used were shallow enough when combined witha bumpstop to perform very well. I just trimmed enough to have it hit a bumpstop I fabbed on the plate. . .
Page 1 of 1