Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Removing hump

Removing hump

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 491
replies 7
following 5

yotamini   +1y
I'm having a hard time removing the hump off the frame for the front bags. You guys have any suggestions or tips? Im tring to remove it with a cut-off wheel, anyone use anything better besides a plasma cutter?
kdcgrohl   +1y
ummmmm, plasma cutter maybe?
keep goin, if all you have access to is a cut off, just keep at it.
l o w n l o u d   +1y
he** . . . plasma cutter that would be great. I find myself using cutoff wheels, patience, another cutoff wheel, bandaids, more patience, and then another wheel. Took me about three 1/4" wheels. I took the upper stops off first, then sectioned the horn & ground everything smooth with a grinding disc, took about 2 hours, giv er take. The trick I found is section everything in small peices and use a lil patience and youll get right thru it . . .
m_i_zombie   +1y
Do you have access to an oxy/ acetylene torch? If not you need to buy one, it'll pay for itself in a very short time and you'll be able to keep all your digits minus a burn or two.
yotamini   +1y
I am thinking about investing in a torch, but im dangerous with fire. I will try sectioning it out when i have get time away from the job. Thanks for the info and suggestions.
truck action   +1y

Removed mine with the cut off wheel
yotamini   +1y
Got em out today . Now i just need to grind em down tomarrow
Page 1 of 1