Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  toggle switch

toggle switch

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 412
replies 6
following 3

idropdit (brandon)   +1y
i'm having problems with my toggle switch.. it smells like it's burning when it's on, and i've got to disconnect the battery to get the compressor to cut off. even when i switch it off, it stays on sometimes! i don't get it? tried to replace the switch, and with the other one it wouldn't come on.. help!!
nook   +1y

You wired up through a relay or direct, may be internal meltdown of the switch if direct wiring and running too much load through it.
kdcgrohl   +1y
Should be:
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
i bought it wired up like it is. oddly enough, the ground is really hot after a few minutes of running the compressor. it runs from the capacitor to the switch, and the power isn't even warm, but the ground is too hot to touch. i'm guessing it's too much power going to the switch.. how can i fix this?
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
where do i get a relay, and how much? i'm running a capacitor.. is that not good enough?
kdcgrohl   +1y
A capacitor is a power storage device, not a relay or a solenoid. See diagram above for NAPA part number, or get one from suicidedoors.com
This needs to be addressed before your truck burns. I'd hate to see somebody elses dumb-ass wiring toast your nice truck. Seriously, you need one relay for each compressor, preferably wired as illustrated above.
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
yeah, i've already decided i'm not driving it until i get the wiring straightened out. i'm also going to take pictures of it layed out in front and see if the front suspension looks okay.
Page 1 of 1