Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  Just relocated my valves to mount on the tank

Just relocated my valves to mount on the tank

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 917
replies 14
following 9

switchhittin96   +1y
I just got my 8 pack of 3/8" smc valves and i mounted them on my 8 gallon 8-1/2" port tank and i dont have compressors right now so i used some old crappy pair of viar 280's i had lying around when i air up my truck it barely lifts it like a quarter inch up i am wondering if its because the lines to the front bags are so long having to go from the front all the way to my bed, or something else here are some pictures:

The outer valves are going to the front bags, and the inside valves are going to the rear bags:
thread post photo

thread post photo

Cutoff underneath (not sure what psi it cuts off at but i had 3, 3 1/2 gallon tanks in it before that were max 150 psi so im assuming its 150 cutoff):
thread post photo

thread post photo

Old 280 im using just to ait it up:
thread post photo

also i did notice that i had the compressors running for like almost half an hour and they never turned off. BTW im running half inch airline
2manyyotas   +1y
comp is bad

put a tank gauge on it
kdcgrohl   +1y
yep, distance has nothing to do with it. not enough pressure.
mexicant   +1y
im going to go with youre not getting enuf psi, put a schrader on the tank or use a shop compressor to fill the tank, if the compressoris bad
get some new compressors, clean up the wiring and you're good to go.
hlditdwn   +1y
I'm gonna add my 2 cents and say that maybe you should move that pressure swith to the top of the tank, especially since you don't have a water trap. Water could be getting down in that switch and causing it to not work properly.
m_i_zombie   +1y
wouldn't hurt to add a few check valves either.
switchhittin96   +1y
Yea i had the cutoff at the top but my tonneau cover wont close with it up there so i had to put it in the bottom :/ i think im just gonna get some water traps after all it is a brand new tank, oh and what are checks valves for?
mexicant   +1y
check valves keep the air flow in one direction, say you blow a line before the bag if you have a check valve between the bag and tank you wont loose air pressure, i use them as a safety.
switchhittin96   +1y
since my tank is mounted in that spot (see pictures) it will shake a little when i drive it or hit bumps, since it is fairly close to the weak cutout part of my bed do you guys think I will have a problem with the valves breaking off of the tank from hitting a bump too hard or something? or should I be good?
smctoy   +1y
The valves will be fine as they are....youd have to hit a really big hole/bump to make them break off!! As for your pressure switch Id try this...get a brass fitten from your local
Lowes/hardware store & move pressure switch to the side of the tank where the leader hose off the compressor is coming from. Its an "T" shapped fitten. I had the pressure switch on my Eclipse set up that way & it worked great. Here is how it was done
on my Eclipse...
thread post photo